What's new

What Warner Bros. TV-on-DVD are you looking forward to the most? (1 Viewer)

LCD22

Screenwriter
I hope there isn't a thread started for this, but I thought it would be interesting to see what Warner titles fans have been wanting on DVD. This is, by no means, a thread to ask Warner to release a certain television series (or a continuation of one). That's what the upcoming chat is for. It's just a survey to see where everyone's interest is.

Now, without further ado, here's my "Warner" wish list:

Against the Grain - The timing is perfect for this series to be released. It was NBC's previous effort at a football-themed family drama (before "Friday Night Lights"). Though short-lived, it was also critically acclaimed and starred Ben Affleck, Robyn Lively, and "Lost's" John Terry. Some episodes of "Against the Grain" were also made available on AOL's In2TV. I hope music issues weren’t an issue as to why the remaining episodes, including the pilot episode, weren’t put up. If they were, I hope they'll be able to clear them for a DVD release.

Homefront - Another short-lived and critically acclaimed family drama that also has a connection to NBC's "Friday Night Lights": actor Kyle Chandler.

Time Trax - Continuing the "short-lived series" that deserve a shot at a DVD release is this syndicated series that was co-created by "Star Trek's" Harve Bennett and starred Dale Midkiff (of the "Love Comes Softly" series that have been Hallmark's highest-rated programming in the cable channel's history).

Valerie/Valerie's Family/The Hogan Family - I would love to see this one get a DVD release, and is the one 80s sitcom I've wanted the most. As long as the full original opening and closing credits, non-syndicated episodes, and the music is completely intact, I'll be buying this on release day.

Everwood Seasons 2-4 - I've brought this up on the "Everwood" thread, but Warner should give the remaining seasons the same treatment they recently gave the second season of "Without a Trace" - complete episodes, original music, and bonus material. I just hope "Without a Trace" S2 sold well for the studio so they would give this one a shot.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Mama's Family: uncut season 1 reissue and uncut remaining seasons

Alice: Season sets

Chico and the Man: Season sets

Knots Landing: Seasons 2-14

Night Court: Seasons 2-9

Nick_TV

Stunt Coordinator
The Drew Carey Show - Seasons 1-9

Whose Line is it Anyway? - Rest of series

Night Court - Seasons 2+

Animaniacs - Volumes 3+

Pinky and the Brain - Volume 3

Tiny Toon Adventures - Complete series

Ben King

Stunt Coordinator
Dallas - Seasons 8-14

Knots Landing - Seasons 2-14

Falcon Crest - Seasons 1-9

Flamingo Road - Seasons 1-2

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
Superboy season 2-4
Valerie/Valeri's Family/The Hogan Family

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
Murphy Brown - The Complete Second Season

it's been 3 years or more since the first season set was released!!

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
The FBI
Just The Ten Of Us
Night Court
Season 2 and following
Falcon Crest
77 Sunset Strip
Hotel
Surfside 6
The Man/Girl From U.N.C.L.E.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
Good list, Charles. I'll add a few more that Warner will probably never release . . .

Cheyenne (season 2+)
Maverick
Sugarfoot
Bronco
Bourbon Street Beat

While I guess we were lucky to get season 1 of "Cheyenne" and outside of "The Adventures of Superman," Warner hasn't done much with its catalog of shows from the 1950s (not much with the 1960s either). At least there's some positive indications on "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." Warner is really a great company for releasing older classic films but, sadly, their TV-on-DVD division lags far behind.

Pavan_P

Second Unit
Perfect Strangers tops the Warner list. I'd also like to see season sets of Family Matters, Step by Step, Alice, Hogan Family, Hangin' with Mr. Cooper, and more Night Court!

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Superboy (the rest of the seasons)
Time Trax
Kung Fu: The Legend Continues

And for my wife...
Knots Landing (the rest of the seasons)

bobPON

Stunt Coordinator
77 Sunset Strip
Surfside Six
Hawaiian Eye
Bourbon Street Beat
Cheyenne (season 2+)
Maverick
Sugarfoot
Bronco
The Gallant Men
Colt .45
The Dakotas

michael_ks

Screenwriter
Put me down for "The Dakotas" as well. Only 19 episodes, but with Jack Elam in every one. Highly underrated I've been informed.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Batman (with 20th Century Fox). (They both stand to profit from it.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks