Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Medal of Honor: Vanguard (PS2)

PlayStation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Jason Hughes

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor

• 881 posts

Posted April 20 2007 - 02:19 AM

Just wondering if anybody has had a chance to check this out yet. I know the MOH games are kind of generic, but I like them anyway. I wanted to know about the control scheme? Did they use the same crappy one on the last game with regards to movement or does it have a scheme like most FPS games where you use both thumbsticks to move?
Government in action = Government inaction

#2 of 5 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,386 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted April 20 2007 - 06:00 AM

Don't the MoH games all have several control schemes from which to choose?
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#3 of 5 Jason Hughes

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor

• 881 posts

Posted April 20 2007 - 12:53 PM

That's what I thought. But I recall people complaining about the last one (European Assault) that you had to do all of the movements with one thumbstick. That's why I have always avoided that one.

http://www.hometheat....Medal of Honor
Government in action = Government inaction

#4 of 5 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,386 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted April 23 2007 - 05:05 AM

Wow, that's horrible.

Think I'll stick to the PC for my fps needs. I used to play 'em on consoles mostly, until I got used to the keyboard/ mouse control.

On the other hand, it sounds like the fixed controls on European Assault are the way I like 'em -- the left stick for moving and the right stick for turning. I find it way more intuitive than the forward/back/turn with left stick and strafe/up/down with right stick that a lot of people use.
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#5 of 5 Rhoq

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

• 734 posts

Posted April 23 2007 - 09:03 AM

A friend has MOH: Vanguard for the Wii. It's not bad, if you're into these WWII FPS games. The motion controls on the Nunchuk are buggy, but those actions can be replaced with button presses, so it's entirely playable.