Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Oppo Upconverting DVD Player

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   mjr

• 33 posts

Posted April 13 2007 - 12:20 PM

Does anybody know if this upconverting dvd player will play HD dvd's? I've researched the product but either I'm missing the info. or I haven't come accross the answer yet. This seems to be the highest rated (for the money) upconverting player. Does anybody have any pluses or minuses they've found in it's performance? Thanks!

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Seth=L

• 1,313 posts

Posted April 13 2007 - 01:13 PM

It will not play HD-DVD discs. Oppo has an outstanding reputation among budget upconverting universal players. So far Toshiba is the only company that has HD-DVD Players on the market. The RCA is made by Toshiba and the LG is a dual format player (Blu-ray and HD-DVD), but it has problems apparently.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   gojays_1

Stunt Coordinator

• 56 posts

Posted April 20 2007 - 05:26 AM

I had an issue with the 981. The farroujda processors it contains is not always compatible with all displays. I was getting macroblocking which is really annoying especially noticeable when watching dark scenes. I am taking it back and getting the 970 instead. Do your research on this issue before you buy the Oppo and try to buy it at a reputable place where you can take it back if you need to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users