Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

calibration problem

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   webbs24

webbs24

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted April 10 2007 - 10:39 AM

hello,

i have calibrated my plasma set with avia to the best of my ability but i still have what i can best describe as discoloring in dark scenes that meet some light,i will see a purplish and or greenish tint in the areas where black should be is the way i would describe it.also it looks like the black areas in some scenes are trying to bleed or that there is some movement in the black area where it shouldn't be.anyone that has an idea on this or some help for me would be appreciated very much.

thanks

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   SeanA

SeanA

Second Unit

• 329 posts

Posted April 10 2007 - 12:06 PM

Sounds like "macro-blocking". Common in DLPs and awful on my Samsung, but I have not heard of this problem on plasmas. On my Samsung, it is just poor processing of compressed video. A professional calibration may help a little, but it won't get rid of the problem. My Samsung was professionally calibrated, but macro-blocking still shows up often in DVDs, particularly in dark scenes. I am going to purchase one of the new Sony A3000 SXRD sets in the fall. No macro-blocking on the Sonys.
Sean
Samsung HL-R4667W DLP, Denon DVD-1600, Sony DVPNS75H, H/K AVR 225, Wharfedale Emeralds and Diamonds