Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Adding amps to receivers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   DonnyD

DonnyD

Screenwriter

• 1,154 posts

Posted April 09 2007 - 11:49 PM

Just want some thoughts around here about outboard amps hooked to receivers vrs straight ahead processors. I've messed around with outboard amps on my Yam RX-V1 for many years and usually end up swapping amps around at least once a month now. I am currently have every speaker connection possible with the V1...... actually 9 speaker placements with 4 large mains, with a primary sub and two rear supportive subs and I am always impressed with the V1s ability to drive all of'em to reference levels quite easily while never sounding strained. When I add an amp or two to drive at least the mains, the soundstqage seems to really open up and sonically improves over the spectrum. It is really a treat to put in a dvd with a good audio track.
Just wanted to start up a conversation pit regarding sonic + or - adding amps to receivers vrs processors.........
"There comes a time in the lives of men, when taken at the tide, you're liable to ****ing drown..." R. Farina
"or go broke due to upgraditis..." D. Davis