What's new

Ghost Rider 1 disc & 2 disc edition June 12, 2007 (1 Viewer)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member

At least they let you know beforehand about the two versions.

The Sin & Salvation featurette looks intriguing

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
GR was good for what it was: a good looking comic book movie. I think I'll be getting the 2 disc extended. Wasn't it rumored at one point to include both cuts of the movie?

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I'm going to get the 2 disc edition. I enjoyed the movie though it was pretty bad in parts but the scenes with GR were exciting. I would have liked to have seen more of Sam Elliott in the movie, he was the best thing in the movie. Cage was good too but Eva Mendas was awful.

Chad E

Stunt Coordinator
The new Wal-Mart (Canada) flyer was delivered today, and it shows that Wal-Mart is selling an exclusive bonus disc with the 2-disc extended cut. (You can see the image from the flyer here.)

Anyone have any inside scoop about what's on the bonus disc?

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
Ok, so Circuit City, Target and Walmart each have some exclusive bonus disc on copies of GR Ext. Ed. Maybe they're not exclusive and they're all the same. I'm probably going to pick mine up at CC, maybe we should post what's on each disc if others pick them up at Target and Walmart.

SVTStingRay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Daniel
lol its worse than wheres waldo............ the target flyer or the website doesnt say what the extras are. for all we know, its that special cover you see in the flyer.

if there are 3 disks, yeah all the features will be different. each feature will be exclusive to the perticular store. i dont think i ever remember one of these so called bonus disks to have the same thing in multiple stores.

Chad E

Stunt Coordinator

The bonus disc available at Wal-Mart (Canada) has two featurettes:

"Hellfire & Brimstone: An insider's look at the cutting edge visual effects that help make Ghost Rider spectacular." Run time is 14:19.

"On the Set of Ghost Rider: Join the cast and crew on a behind-the-scenes visit to the set of the hit film."... according to the packaging and menu. The title card in the actual featurette calls it "Blazing Trails: The Making of Ghost Rider". The run time is 14:21.

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
The Walmart Ghost Rider with extra dvd is the theatrical release version and not the extended cut. If anyone decides to pick GR up at Walmart be aware of this and also check to be sure you're getting the widescreen version with bonus disc. My local Walmart had the bonus dvd packaged with fullscreen versions in front and you had to ramble a bit to find the widescreen version.
Also the Target exclusives are some kind of booklet or something and a collectible foil packaging. The CC bonus dvd had footage of the actors talking about the movie at Comic Con 05 and 06 plus a piece on collectible figurines. Get whatever suits you, I don't think any of the vendors has a "must have" exclusive myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.