What's new

My new dedicated Home Theater ! (1 Viewer)

johnathan

Stunt Coordinator
Well having been a member for eight years I am proud to finally say I have my own dedicated HT now. I did all of the work myself. By moving all of my equipment from the living room in to the HT the performance increase has been amazing !

I am on a waiting list for the new RS1 projector and it should be coming in soon.That should future proof use for a few more years anyway ! I am a recent HD DVD owner and have and love the Toshiba XA2 !

The room dimensions are 16'6" x 13'4" . Having two rows of seating for 7 people total.With over flow 11 would not be a problem. Just wish we had remodeled this room sooner. The family loves it. From my 12 year old nephew to my 74 year old Mother in law.

None of this would have been possible with out the invaluable knowledge I learned here as well as other HT forums ! Thanks for looking. I quickly put up this website. I know goggle suggested the goofy name ha ha. Johnathan

http://hadawayenator.googlepages.com/home

The theater features
Sony HS-10 LCD FP
Dalite 119" HP 2.8 gain Cosmo electrol screen
Toshiba HD-XA2
HTPC with MY HD 120
Denon 3803
6 Infinity primus 150's a center
SVS sub
Butt Kicker in couch and Berkline seating
Grafic eye lighting control
IR repeater
All controlled with Philips Pronto and some macros !
8oz Cotempo Popcorn popper
Home built acoustic panels and sub traps !

corona13

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
michael
love it johnathon.

the colors are awesome. that is a room that you just want to kick back and watch a classis movie....

johnathan

Stunt Coordinator
corona13
Thank you for the kind remark ! I love the room and after 3 weeks it is starting to feel like mine. Before me and my wife felt like we were visiting some one else's theater ha ha. Johnathan

SherardP

Stunt Coordinator
the setup is very well done, Im waiting on my JVC HD1 as we speak also. Hmmmmm. I cant stop looking at it on the web, and pics of screenshots. Man this sux.

johnathan

Stunt Coordinator
SherardP
I have been on a waiting list since November of 2006 ! And quietly watched as many others have received theirs ! I just continue to think it will all be worth it in the end.

Thank you for the compliment ! Johnahtna

Matt Fig

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt Fig
Looks great. All the hard work certainly paid off. When my HT grows up I hope it looks half as good!

johnathan

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you Matt
I started in the living room with a Sharp 4x3 projector touting 200 lumen new ! The screen door was so bad I could clearly see it 2 1/2 times the screen width !

It will all come in good time for you.If it is your dream you can make it happen.Who would have guessed my wife would love the black ceiling ha ha.She does say it has a calming effect ! When in that room we are truly in a different place . Johnathan

DelRay

Stunt Coordinator
Nice setup.:emoji_thumbsup: I like the sofa/ht chairs mix. Just incase you want to lie down with the wifey while you watch a movie.;) It's also nice to see a pic of the guy who made it all possible Good job.

johnathan

Stunt Coordinator
DelRay
Thank you. Those were our thoughts exactly about the couch ! Now we have the best of both worlds ! Johnathan

You have a very nice theater your self.Funny we both used the same sconces ha ha. I love the hidden disk storage !

joseph westcott

Second Unit
Great looking room. From the beautiful tile floors, paint colors, lighting fixtures and lit tray moulding. I also like the ceiling colortexture look. Should also work well to reduce light reflections. The snack bar is also a great touch and putting the components off to the side is a great way to reduce distractions.
Very well thought out and excecuted. The seating also looks very comfortable. Try not to feel too guilty about wasting lamp hours when you fall asleep. It happens to the best of us.

My only suggestion is to reconsider your front speaker placement. They should be placed lower, more in line with ear height when sitting down to achieve maximum speaker performance and a more realistic movie experience.

Great job!

johnathan

Stunt Coordinator
Joseph
Thank you for taking time to read my thread and offer your opinions ! I appreciate the complements. Of coarse you know that all rooms have one or more compromises. There are doorways that are used during none movie time thus the speaker placement and the motorized screen !

I am already guilty of going to sleep especially after a couple glasses of wine ha ha. But I try and make myself shut it down and go to bed . I love the room and it really has came out far better than my expectations. People that see it give me the ultimate complement by saying they can't believe I did that ha ha. Cheers Johnathan

Joe what a nice modern looking home you have. I can see how you have payed close attention to detail and fine clean lines ! Looks awesome !A very calssy space ! Great Job

joseph westcott

Second Unit

Thanks for the kind words Johnathan. It really does feel good when you do all the work yourself. And I can appreciate the compromises one has to make to get the job done. It seems we have a similar color scheme too!! You have great taste!!!!

Here is a link you might want to browse when you have a chance.

http://www.audiovideointeriors.com/readerqa/0307diy/

It also made the March issue of Home Theater Magazine.

johnathan

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks again Joseph
I just stopped and read the article in your link.You really did do so much more than meets the eye. It is funny until you have done it yourself it is hard to appreciate all of the work that took to get to that point !

Very very nice ! Cheers Johnathan

johnathan

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks David
I have seen your theater pictures on this site as well as AVS. You have done a beautiful job yourself ! We love the room and the family is thrilled with it.

It really is a retreat from every day life ! Johnathan

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Johnathan:

Great job. I love the casket ceiling. I have seen a similar layout with FP before and what I loved is that made the picture seem that much bigger. Have your gotten your JVC yet?

Parker

johnathan

Stunt Coordinator
Parker
Thanks for the comments.They actually call that a tray ceiling here in Texas.Don't think it would sell calling it a casket ha ha.My wife actually loves the black ceiling now !

Yes I did receive the RS1 on the 24th of last month. I have a little over 100 hours on it now. It really does throw a beautiful picture on the 119" Dalite Hp screen !

Most all of the problems that people mention "over saturation,loud fan,bright corners,too revealing image are all way over stated to me. This is simply one of the most beautiful projected images I have seen. And the very best at my home for sure !

This is my fourth front projector and it amazes me every time I turn it on ! But like anything else we all have our own personal taste. Seeing is believing !
Thanks again for your interest in my setup. Here is a picture of it set up. I don't know if linking to the galery is ok ? Johnathan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks