What's new

Guitar Hero 2 - XBOX 360 Review - Opinions (1 Viewer)

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
What an awesome game.

I have picked up my electric guitar countless times to try and play. needless to say i fail miserebly each time.

then i get guitar hero 2. A port of the PS2 game with added songs and hidef graphics. WOW! What an awesome game. 70+ Songs, tons of venues and different characters. After playing 10 hours or so of this game the past 3 days I feel like I AM A ROCK GOD ! My hand has so much more coordination than it ever did! And i think carpel tunnell. lol

The guitar controller is such a innovative idea! Its roughly 1/2 the size of a real guitar. It looks priceless when its around my 3 year old daughters neck. lol. YOu can move easy and find the buttons. They even give u 2 sheets of stickers to "customize" your guitar. The only grip is that its wired, but im sure a wireless one will be on the way!

anyways, just had to rave about this game. Anyone else pick it up? Anyone else not able to put it down?

I would have to easily give it a 10/10 . BEST GAME .... EVER !

OH! and the best thing, they will have downloadable content on XBL ! Songs confirmed for (supposedly) next week are...... OZZY - Bark at the Moon and RHCP - Higher Ground

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
Thanks, for your review. I think you've you've convinced me to shell out the $90 for the package. I would just like to point out that the it has been confirmed that there will not be a wireless guitar controller because Microsoft has refused to give 3rd parties the tools necessary to develop wireless products. They want to keep the wireless technology proprietary, as a way to force their customers into buying 1st party controllers accessories.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
I'll most likely pick it up at Circuit City either tonight or tomorrow. They are giving away an XBox Live Marketplace Card (1600 Points) with the purchase of GHII 360.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I picked it up Tuesday as well. Have of course heard much about it but this is my first experience with it. I agree with Dave completely, just an awesome game. Rockin' thru "Surrender" just put a huge grin on my face. Big :emoji_thumbsup: from me!!

htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

tyler payne

Second Unit
Real Name
tyler payne
OK, I need to see some gamer tags from you folks so we can start to compare scores.

Mine is Drunkenmaster85. Send me a friend request.

Just finished the easy tour, and I can not believe how much harder it gets on medium. Expert must be insanity.

tyler

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I started on Medium and am working my way slowly through the tour - got to Vans Warped last night. My scores are nothing to write home about - mainly 3-stars - but I have yet to fail a song in Medium.
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
Tried a couple in Hard and failed miserably - also intentionally failed one in Easy to get the corresponding Achievement. ;)

Main thing I want to do at this point is get all the tunes unlocked. The I'll go back and work on beefing up my scores.

Gamer tag is SeanMorbo.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I'm glad that they're making the GH1 songs available to X360 players via download. Hopefully the X360-exclusive tracks will eventually be made available to PS2 players.

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
I sold my PS2 Guitar Hero 1 and 2 to a buddy so I could pick up the 360 version.

It's a damn good port; the graphics are way better, the animation seems a bit smoother. The guitar seems a bit tighter, too, on the hits. I also prefer the neck design.

The new songs are pretty rockin' and I just love the new set lists.

Gamertag: Sir Kimcision.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Beat the game on Medium last night. The tunes in the final set list (Stonehenge) are wicked hard - I barely stumbled through them. "Freebird" especially kicked my ass. It's the first song I failed, but I did make it through the 2nd time.

Oh, the buildup to your first run through "Freebird" is hilarious.

Now, on to hard... (gulp)

The first song-packs from GH1 are up on the Marketplace. They're a little overpriced - $6.25 for three songs, which really gets expensive if you only want 1 of the 3. They need to lower the price or unbundle the tracks, or both.

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
Yeah I finished all the mediums, and have done about 10 songs on hard. Man the jump is difficult. But its a great game and the challenge is worth it.

I dowloaded all the song packs - AGREED - WAY OVERPRICED, but with all the complaints on it, im sure they are gonna lower or it, or have an angry fan base.

And from what Ive gathered and heard in the rumor mill there WILL BE A WIRELESS GUITAR.

Bark at the Moon on Medium is near impossible for me. My favorite song on there would be dead! by my chemical romance or strutter. those are fun songs to play.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
I have the PS2 version and saw the Xbox version the other day in Circuit City. So I step up and decide to play Strutter on medium. I have perfect on that song on PS2 and found it to be even easier on the Xbox, and the keying of the song seemed different too. Is this true that the songs are laid out differently on the Xbox?

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter

Actually, on first play-through on hard, got five stars on first try for all of the first tier, and the first three songs on the second tier. Then, I hit 'Woman.'

Crikies.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
They've officially announced that a wireless controller will be released for GHIII, which will be on X360, PS3, PS2, Wii and DS(!). Also, they're negotiating with AC/DC, Metallica, and Led Zeppelin for the use of their songs.

I seem to recall reading that someone was working on a mobile phone edition of the game, but that wasn't in this announcement.

tyler payne

Second Unit
Real Name
tyler payne
Finished all MEDIUM songs with 5 stars. Right now I have passed the first 7 songs on HARD. I really need to work on my technique, so I am going to go back and do all songs perfectly on MEDIUM, I have 8 perfects on MEDIUM right now. And I think that I will have to use the practice mode quite a few times when I go back to HARD.

Great game though. One of the first games that has a real addiction quality to it.

tyler payne

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, IGN has some pictures of the WiiMote addon mockups. Pretty slick stuff.

Nathan A

Second Unit
I've played the 360 demo a couple times, and the guitar feels a little different. I'd be interested in updated versions of the GH1 songs (with easier hammer-ons and co-op), but there's no way I'm paying what they're (currently) asking for all of them.

Aaron, how are you doing with the PS2 version? I've got 5 stars on expert on all but 4 songs (Misirlou, Psychobilly, Hangar 18, and Freebird). Hopefully after the semester's over I'll have the time (and the skill) to finish those off.

sidenote- I somehow erased my GH2 save, but it didn't take that long to 5 star the songs again (only 1 or 2 took more than a couple tries).

Trust me everyone, you get better as you keep playing. The notes begin to seem to fall slower and slower - your mind will eventually begin to actually see what a certain cluster of notes is (instead of it looking like a hopeless mess of colored circles).

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
My right thumb hurts. Seriously. Got the 360 version a couple of days ago, played it for a couple hours in the evening and the next morning I had a blister on my right thumb. Yeesh. But it is a smoking-good game, though. I can't wait to get my friend across the street who has it so we can do the bass and guitar lines at the same time. Has anyone tried that mode? Is it cool?

So when are they going to mix this game with a singing game? They have the headset hook up on it already. C'mon!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks