"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#42 of 599 DavidPla

DavidPla

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted May 07 2007 - 05:44 AM

Well yea, I mean do they even NEED a new MJ? With Gwen Stacy introduced and now talk of the Black Cat being in the fourth film, do they even need to have MJ in this film at all? The movie kinda ended on a question mark for the future of their relationship. Just have her character ditch town.

#43 of 599 JonZ

JonZ

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 7,793 posts

Posted May 07 2007 - 05:51 AM

"If they are going to replace Tobey, that's going to be trickier."

Its almost too bad Grace was in SM3

#44 of 599 Pete-D

Pete-D

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted May 07 2007 - 05:53 AM

The problem I had with Topher Grace is ... I dunno, every scene I saw him as "that 70s Show kid", I never really for a second bought him Brock/Venom in a serious way.

Maybe it would be different if he had been cast as Spider-Man.

I've also thought maybe for the movies they could reverse the Gwen Stacy/Mary Jane relationship and have Mary Jane die and Gwen Stacy then becomes PP's full time GF. Hey it's not like movie franchises don't make bigger changes to the source material anyway.

#45 of 599 oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 7,632 posts

Posted May 07 2007 - 06:27 AM

Source: BBC News
May 7, 2007

Will the "Spider-Man" franchise become the next James Bond or Star Trek, two of the longest series of films in history? It might happen, as Sony Pictures chief executive Michael Lynton told BBC News that "everybody has every intention of making a fourth, a fifth and a sixth and on and on."

There would be "as many as we can make good stories for", he pledged. "Everybody's been so busy trying to get this one out that that's been the focus. When everybody comes up for air, we can think about how to make the next one."

http://www.superhero...ews.php?id=5632

Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#46 of 599 BrettGallman

BrettGallman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted May 07 2007 - 06:37 AM

Terry, can you elaborate on Raimi's desire to do another Evil Dead film? It's been talked about for years now. Do you really think there's a chance he'll do that before moving on to something like The Hobbit?
Oh, the Horror - Horror Reviews from All Decades and All Sub-Genres!
Balls Academy -  Your Alma mater for teen films, raunchy, low-brow comedies, sexploitation & coming of age dramas.
Other recent reviews: Super | Thor Tobacco RoadSource Code | Sucker Punch |

#47 of 599 Pete-D

Pete-D

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted May 07 2007 - 06:39 AM

My gut feeling is the future Spider-Man films will get progressively sillier/more over-the-top.

The turn for that already has been made in Spidey 3 ... but really I think the further you get away from PP/Spideys origins the more convulted the story becomes anyway (even in the comics).

#48 of 599 TerryRL

TerryRL

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,977 posts

Posted May 07 2007 - 07:04 AM

With all the clout Raimi has now, thanks the huge success the Spidey franchise has become, he's in a position where he can actually have a big budget to do another "Evil Dead" movie. All of the movies were done very much on the cheap and the thought of having real money to do one of those movies, plus the chance of working with Bruce Campbell again, is probably very enticing.

From what has been said in interviews, Raimi REALLY wants to do "The Hobbit". He's strengthened his position greatly with Spidey 3's record opening this weekend. Doing another "Evil Dead" is something that is on his radar (either as director or producer), but "The Hobbit" seems to be his "holy grail" right now.

There are a lot of "ifs" involved though. Sony still has first crack at him on Spidey 4, if they choose to A) choose to bring him back and B) give him a deal equal to Peter Jackson's record payday for "King Kong".
"Quite an experience to live in fear isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."

#49 of 599 TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 15,846 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted May 07 2007 - 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete-D
The problem I had with Topher Grace is ... I dunno, every scene I saw him as "that 70s Show kid", I never really for a second bought him Brock/Venom in a serious way.
need to get over that.
he has been in a few movies now, was good in Traffic and
proved with In Good Company that he can be a lead in a film.
and as a few mentioned he would be just right as peter parker in future movies.

he has the ability to be funny, snarky the way spider-man is.

facebook.com/whotony

#50 of 599 oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 7,632 posts

Posted May 29 2007 - 10:55 AM

Who Would Curtis Like as the Spidey 4 Villain?

http://www2.superher...ews.php?id=5760

#51 of 599 TerryRL

TerryRL

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,977 posts

Posted May 29 2007 - 11:33 AM

The Lizard will definitely be one of the villains for Spidey 4. The most popular rumor suggests that Lizard and Carnage will be the villains for #4. Sony may opt to have just Lizard being the baddie, but don't be surprised if a second one (Carnage or someone else) is thrown in.

From what I understand Sony already has a skeleton idea of what the fourth movie will be in terms of the storyline, despite what the producers are saying right now. The one thing that is for sure is that Lizard will appear in film #4.

It'll be interesting to see if any of the "big three" (Raimi, Maguire, and Dunst) return for the fourth movie. Sony is said to be "quietly" looking at possible replacements for all three. Whatever happens, film #4 will be the first of the new trilogy of Spidey movies.
"Quite an experience to live in fear isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."

#52 of 599 oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 7,632 posts

Posted June 27 2007 - 09:18 AM

Raimi Talks "Spider-Man 4" & Villains

http://www.darkhoriz...s07/070626f.php

#53 of 599 Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

Posted June 30 2007 - 10:46 AM

All we need in a superhero film is ONE villain... ONE!!! You start throwing them in there like the old Batman franchise that went bust and you'll take down this Spider-Man franchise.

It already was becoming sloppy in Spidey 3 with THREE villains. Venom was completely wasted as a character though he (it) was one of the most loved villains, and they should have focused soley on him.

The script also seemed of far less quality than Spidey 2, which IMHO is the best of the series so far.

Comparing POTC 3 to Spidey 3, they both stunk, but Spidey 3 only less so because their heart was in the right place, it just needed more work and the dropping of the baggage of Sandman and Harry/Goblin 2.

#54 of 599 JayMacey

JayMacey

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted July 01 2007 - 01:31 AM

Honestly, Dunst could be replaced with a cardboard monkey & it wouldn't make any difference. The fact that she honestly believes that she has a role in the success of the Spiderman franchise is LAUGHABLE at best & quite sad.
Sigh...
3,000+ DVDs
300+ BluRays
50+ Digital Copys
www.popculturewhore.com

#55 of 599 oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 7,632 posts

Posted July 10 2007 - 06:46 AM

http://www.superhero...ews.php?id=5986

Quote:
At some point within the next two weeks, producer Laura Ziskin and the top brass of Sony Pictures Entertainment will sit down together for the first time since "Spider-Man 3" opened May 4 to discuss the franchise's future.

It's a crucial meeting, all the more so because director Sam Raimi will be there. And Raimi, who has sent contradictory messages about his future plans, might at last indicate whether he'll helm the next installment.

"It would be great to have everybody back," Ziskin says. "But no one is going to sign on the dotted line until we have a script. These are the questions being discussed now. The one thing we have answered definitively is: There will be more 'Spider-Man' movies. We just haven't answered what shape they will come in and (Sony) hasn't given us a release date."

The upcoming meeting "will be the first step in a process," Ziskin adds. "'Spider-Man' will continue; I can't tell you every person who will be involved."

It goes without saying just how critical the "Spider-Man" franchise is to the studio's bottom line; at press time, the franchise had netted upwards of $2 billion in boxoffice receipts, not to mention home video revenue and other income from ancillary ventures. But it is hardly unique in today's Hollywood.

#56 of 599 oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 7,632 posts

Posted July 30 2007 - 07:16 AM

http://www.empireonl...y.asp?NID=20909

Quote:
Sam Raimi has given his strongest indication yet that he may return to the director’s chair for Spider-Man’s fourth outing.
Okay, he hasn’t exactly said he’s definitely up for the job but, as he spoke exclusively to Empire at Comic-Con, he confirmed he isn’t completely averse to the idea.

“I want to help contribute to the production,” he said. “I don’t know if I’ll just be a producer on it but if I can work with the writer in such a way so that directing would be right for me, I don’t know. We’ve had our first meeting on Spider-Man 4 and we’re looking for the writer.”

A vague answer we know but we’re holding out hope as the great man starts the ball rolling on the wallcrawler’s next adventure and ends his time with the series on a high, rather than the disappointing third movie, which lacked the energy of the first two films.

here are some videos

http://www.empireonl...s/comiccon2007/

#57 of 599 TerryRL

TerryRL

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,977 posts

Posted August 02 2007 - 04:11 PM

Interesting info on the possible director for Spidey 4.

http://www.cinemable....Plan-5977.html

#58 of 599 Pete-D

Pete-D

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted August 02 2007 - 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryRL
Interesting info on the possible director for Spidey 4.

http://www.cinemable....Plan-5977.html

I honestly don't see Sony or Marvel being too happy with that choice even if it means getting Raimi back in a producer's role. They're going to give Bruce $200 million to direct a tentpole franchise film for them when directing an episode of Xena Warrior Princess is the biggest thing on his directing resume.

#59 of 599 Zack Gibbs

Zack Gibbs

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted August 02 2007 - 04:36 PM

The idea that Bruce Campbell would direct Spider-Man 4 is preposterously stupid. Cinemablend should be ashamed of themselves for drawing such conclusions.
"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a DARK KNIGHT."

#60 of 599 TerryRL

TerryRL

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,977 posts

Posted August 03 2007 - 12:34 AM

Cinema Blend updated their story revealing that Bruce Campbell is NOT the director that Raimi has in mind to helm Spidey 4 should he take on the mantle of producer. They go on to say that they will continue their detective work because the "person of interest" has worked with Raimi before. So, we'll see.

Back to Movies (Theatrical)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow