Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Amazing Spider-Man : July 3rd, 2012

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
598 replies to this topic

#1 of 599 OFFLINE   oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted April 05 2007 - 08:55 PM

This is the new thread for all news for the Fourth Spiderman movie.

I will kick off with the latest Tobey Maguire news

http://www.scifi.com....ory=3&id=40891

Tobey Maguire, who reprises the role of Peter Parker in the upcoming Spider-Man 3, told SCI FI Wire in February that he remained open to a fourth film, with reservations. This despite earlier reports that the third webslinger movie would be his last. Maguire is not contractually bound to do a fourth film.

"Well, it's possible that we make another movie," Maguire said in an interview. "It all depends on if there's a story worth telling. I feel very proud of the three movies that we've made. I feel like the stories all deserve to be told, and, you know, if they come up with a good movie, and the whole team wants to get back together, and we feel like we can make a good movie that's worth making, then I'm up for it."

Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#2 of 599 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,942 posts

Posted April 05 2007 - 11:51 PM

That's good to hear, especially if they can keep the team together. But it is far too early to say whether this will happen. Cast and crew's salaries will have to go up and contracts will have to be re-negotiated. Sony may decide it simply costs too much. Remember after the release of Austin Powers 3, Mike Myers said he'd like to do a fourth, and play the character for as long as he could, but the studio and the actors and director could never come to an agreement, and here we are, 5 years later, with no fourth film in sight.

#3 of 599 OFFLINE   TerryRL

TerryRL

Producer

• 3,977 posts

Posted April 06 2007 - 12:05 AM

If Raimi ends up doing the two 'Hobbit' movies for New Line, than I seriously doubt either Tobey Maguire or Kirsten Dunst will return for a fourth movie. If that happens, Sony will hire two new leads and ink them both to at least three-picture deals.

If Raimi does opt to do something else and take a break from the Spidey franchise, I'm sure he'll return to helm another one somewhere down the line. The question is who will Sony replace him with if any of these things ends up happening? With work on a new script already underway, Sony probably wants the movie in theaters either the summer of 2009.

With the Green Goblin, Dr. Octopus, Sandman, and Venom having been successfully brought to the screen in this "first" trilogy of films. Don't be surprised if we see the big screen incarnations of the Lizard, Rhino, the Black Cat, and Electro for the second trilogy.
"Quite an experience to live in fear isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."

#4 of 599 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,886 posts

Posted April 06 2007 - 02:10 AM

Looking forward to the casting news of the Black Cat. Posted Image
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#5 of 599 OFFLINE   Mark Maltais

Mark Maltais

Stunt Coordinator

• 194 posts

Posted April 06 2007 - 07:10 AM

S3 will rock the box office so a 4th will be in the works, no doubt about that and I'm sure a 20 million paycheck or so waved in Tobey's face will get his attention to come back! Posted Image

#6 of 599 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,239 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted April 08 2007 - 05:21 PM

in an interview in a mag called "rocket" i think haden church said he was essentialy given the job for 3 about 1 year before the film had been started.

he also mentioned that the other villain was not venon but one who is the complete opposite of venom.
i think he said polar opposite

they even had an actor in mind for it and he wouldnt say because it was expected to be used for a later movie.
facebook.com/whotony

#7 of 599 OFFLINE   JonZ

JonZ

Lead Actor

• 7,793 posts

Posted April 09 2007 - 12:13 AM

"haden church said he was essentialy given the job for 3 about 1 year before the film had been started."

Raimi had started working on ideas for SM3 only a month or so after SM2 had been released so that not suprising if they knew they wanted Church.

#8 of 599 OFFLINE   Patrick.C

Patrick.C

Second Unit

• 447 posts

Posted April 09 2007 - 02:11 AM

Regarding the new villain (or at least one of them) in Spiderman 4:

(The following is a Spiderman 3 spoiler)

Bruce Campbell has a role as Quentin Beck in #3, so one of the villains in Spiderman 4 could be Mysterio

#9 of 599 OFFLINE   Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted April 09 2007 - 02:29 AM

Seriously? That's hilarious, considering what they did in the Ultimate Spider-Man comic when the last movie came out.
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#10 of 599 OFFLINE   NolanJ

NolanJ

Second Unit

• 451 posts

Posted April 09 2007 - 05:40 AM

If they do a 4th they should make it Kraven the Hunter

#11 of 599 OFFLINE   JonZ

JonZ

Lead Actor

• 7,793 posts

Posted April 09 2007 - 06:20 AM

Kraven and The Lizard could really work well in a story together.

#12 of 599 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,933 posts

Posted April 09 2007 - 06:36 AM

I think 4 would be good for a team-up movie. Just have to figure out what studio has the rights to the other Marvel properties. Although, I am sure another studio would work with Fox to get some sort of piece of the Spidey franchise. Posted Image
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#13 of 599 OFFLINE   oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted April 27 2007 - 11:37 PM

Here are some more comments from TM on No 4

http://www.darkhoriz...07/spider34.php

Question: If they were to ever make a superhero team up film for Spiderman 4, would you consider being a bit player, say Spiderman in an Avengers type movie?

Maguire: I don't know. It depends, I guess. It depends on what the movie was or who the filmmaker was, I mean, that would probably be pretty complicated in terms of just getting different studios to figure out with, as they have the rights to those certain characters, it would probably be pretty hard to figure out. But let's just say in the fantasy world that it was all figured out, it depends. If there was a filmmaker I loved and my part, you know, I could go in and it would be more of a fun little thing where I worked for a couple of days, I wouldn't--I probably wouldn't go and work for several months and be in an ensemble type of thing, no. I mean, you never no, but I really doubt it. Would I walk through a scene and have a little conversation as Peter Parker with a little red suit showing that was just a fun little moment with a director that I loved in a movie that I thought would be great? Yeah, maybe I would consider that.
Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#14 of 599 OFFLINE   DavidPla

DavidPla

Screenwriter

• 2,357 posts

Posted April 28 2007 - 02:15 AM

A team up will never happen with Spider-Man... at least not until the franchise dies down. The studio wouldn't waste on it, he's too big on his own. Usually a team up movie is only when both characters have run their course. I doubt the studio would go for that especially when so much can still be made on a single Spider-Man movie.

#15 of 599 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,676 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted April 28 2007 - 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryRL
If Raimi ends up doing the two 'Hobbit' movies for New Line, than I seriously doubt either Tobey Maguire or Kirsten Dunst will return for a fourth movie. If that happens, Sony will hire two new leads and ink them both to at least three-picture deals.
Fine by me. Ms. Dunst's recent egotistical comments to the contrary, I wouldn't mind if the characters were recast for future installments. I love the current trilogy, but don't think any of the lead actors involved bring anything "special" to their roles that would be greatly missed if they were replaced. I would keep the supporting cast, though, such as JK Simmons and Rosemary Harris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryRL
If Raimi does opt to do something else and take a break from the Spidey franchise, I'm sure he'll return to helm another one somewhere down the line. The question is who will Sony replace him with if any of these things ends up happening? With work on a new script already underway, Sony probably wants the movie in theaters either the summer of 2009.
Is Brett Ratner free? Fox was very happy with X3.
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#16 of 599 OFFLINE   Ron Reda

Ron Reda

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted May 02 2007 - 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm R

Dear God, no Rattner!!!

As for the possible villians in 4, I'd like to see Kraven and Lizard especially since Dr. Curt Connor has been in the other films and is already set up quite nicely. Mysterio would be cool as well. I bet the CG on his character would look awesome.
"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz

#17 of 599 OFFLINE   DavidJ

DavidJ

Screenwriter

• 2,611 posts

Posted May 02 2007 - 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm R

Ugh, please no. Fox might have been happy, but most fans of the movies, fans of the comics and critics felt that X3 was inferior to the previous installments. X3 might have had some cool action, but it seemed to have no respect or time for the characters and although I am not the biggest Spiderman fan (really like the movies--especially the second one) it is a series that needs a director who has the patience and insight to deal with the characters.

#18 of 599 OFFLINE   TerryRL

TerryRL

Producer

• 3,977 posts

Posted May 02 2007 - 05:59 PM

Here's the current 411 on the status of Spidey 4.

Read this article...

http://www.cinemable....orms-5092.html

Mo Money!
Mo Money!
Mo Money!
"Quite an experience to live in fear isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."

#19 of 599 OFFLINE   Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate

Screenwriter

• 2,935 posts

Posted May 03 2007 - 01:16 AM

If Japan's opening represent's what may happen here in the states then I don't think that would be an issue. Japan's had record breaking openings for this film according to the news this morning. I like the idea of a fourth one and a start of a new trilogy if that's the path they would take.
Listen Up People.., Rack Em and Pack Em.., We're Phantoms in 15.

#20 of 599 OFFLINE   Ron Reda

Ron Reda

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted May 03 2007 - 07:34 AM

I for one wouldn't mind seeing some new actors playing these roles. I like the SM movies because I get to see my favorite childhood superhero on the big screen doing specatuclar things, not because of Tobey McGuire's acting. Granted, I wouldn't want some hack up there playing PP/SM and I do like what he brings to the films, but it's just not my main reason for liking these movies. *HOWEVER*, if it turns into the abomination that the Batman franchise went through, I'll be disappointed.
"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz

Back to Movies (Theatrical)

Forum Nav Content I Follow