Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

French Lubitsch's DVDs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Miguel M Santos

Miguel M Santos

Stunt Coordinator

• 204 posts

Posted April 02 2007 - 12:35 AM

Does anyone have any of the three Lubitsch's released last in year in France: DESIGN FOR LIVING, BLUEBEARD'S EIGHT WIFE and IF I HAD A MILLION? I'm interested to know their quality.

Thanks.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Irina

Irina

Second Unit

• 330 posts

Posted April 07 2007 - 10:55 AM

I have ordered BLUEBEARD'S EIGHT WIFE and IF I HAD A MILLION from France and have not received them yet. Design For Living was released as part of Gary Cooper's Franchise Collection in R1 some time ago.

By the way, BLUEBEARD'S EIGHT WIFE and IF I HAD A MILLION along with ONE HOUR WITH YOU and THAT LADY IN ERMINE were recently released in Spain. The quality is quite reasonable and without forced Spanish subtitles.

I have received the two French Lubitsch DVDs today. The good news is that the quality is very good. The bad news is that the subs are forced.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Miguel M Santos

Miguel M Santos

Stunt Coordinator

• 204 posts

Posted April 25 2007 - 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irina
By the way, BLUEBEARD'S EIGHT WIFE and IF I HAD A MILLION along with ONE HOUR WITH YOU and THAT LADY IN ERMINE were recently released in Spain. The quality is quite reasonable and without forced Spanish subtitles.

I have received the two French Lubitsch DVDs today. The good news is that the quality is very good. The bad news is that the subs are forced.

Irina, how do the spanish and french versions compare in terms of picture quality?

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Irina

Irina

Second Unit

• 330 posts

Posted April 25 2007 - 06:36 AM

Miguel,

I can only judge the titles that I have. I do not have the same titles from both France and Spain and cannot do an exact comparison.

The quality of the Spanish One Hour With You and lady In Ermine is average and the quality of the French ones I have (Bluebeard's Eight Wives and If I Had A Million) is very good.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Miguel M Santos

Miguel M Santos

Stunt Coordinator

• 204 posts

Posted April 25 2007 - 10:06 AM

Thanks. For some reason I thought you had access to both editions.