What's new

Walt Disney Treasures Wave 7 - 12/11/07 (1 Viewer)

Kris Z.

Stunt Coordinator
I stopped caring (and buying) when they stopped remastering, but good for all those who wanted to finish their collections.

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
I find it interesting that both Oswald and Disneyland were originally supposed to be part of that new Legacy Line. It seems pretty obvious that Disney was indeed ready to kill Treasures and they've done a swift recovery and added some more Donald. Oh well, I'm just glad to be (hopfully) finishing the Donalds.

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
Oswald is the rarest of this collection.....

These truly haven't been seen in 70 years in most cases...

So, if you collect based on the history of Disney, this is basically the volume 1 in Disney history.

Dugger

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
For me, Oswald the Rabbit is about the only title I have any interest in. I have zero expectation that any of these will look as good as earlier waves but the rarity factor (for OTR) is pretty high.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
This will be the first full wave I'll buy in years, granted the Disneyland volume is interesting. Even if the cartoons are mediocre, I've wanted to see the Oswalds.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
They should have done a recall on Donald Vol. 1. Over 60% of the shorts have a digital popping sound that is irritating.

WadeM

Supporting Actor
That's funny, I was just thinking this morning that Oswald may be in the next set. I'll be getting that and Donald Duck.
There still needs to be one more set though, for Chronological Donald 4, and to tie up any loose ends, like the remaining Goofy shorts & Chip & Dale, Scrooge McDuck, etc...

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I will pick up all three. Disney should release the Disneyland series in Season sets. I shouldn't be hard, because they could skip the episodes of feature films and just include the intros and end credits (promoting Disney films.)

Tony S

Stunt Coordinator
Put me down for Donald. I have never seen Oswald, but if I like the ones on the Woody Woodpecker set, I may pick up the WDT set as well.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
So this was just one of those irritating April Fools Day announcements? I hate those. (Or is it true? If so, why is Maltin back in the project?)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don't know why anyone thinks this is an April Fool's Day gag. The press release is dated March 30 and if that site made it up (or got suckered), it's not even that good of a joke.

I really hope that someone's life isn't pathetic enough that they need to make up fake press releases for Walt Disney Treasures Volume 7 to fool animation sites. :)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Doubt it's a hoax. This was online March 31 at the latest. Hoaxes are never early :)

WadeM

Supporting Actor
From ultimatedisney.com it says: "Though twenty-six black and white Oswald shorts were produced under Walt Disney and his animator Ub Iwerks, few are known to survive today. Those that do live on are expected to be presented here in a highly-restored state. "

Does anyone know off-hand just how few we are talking about?

http://www.ultimatedisney.com/treasures.html

I'm getting Oswald because I love Ub Iwerks. Image's DVDs of "Cartoons That Time Forgot: The Ub Iwerks Collection" 1 & 2 are great. I'm really looking forward to this.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I agree. Very happy to get Donald 3, and Oswald will be fascinating, while I like the idea of a behind-the-scenes of Disneyland.

And glad that Leonard Maltin will be back, since it sounded like he would be dropped, even if the Treasures continued.

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I'm glad this line is continuing but I'm not interested in any of the titles in this wave, I would have bought the Donald set but missed out on the other two volumes. I only own 4 Treasure titles so far ( Complete Pluto, vols 1 and 2, The Hardy Boys and Spin & Marty) and it looks like I might have to wait until waves 8 and 9 to get the next vols of S&M amd THB.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Hopefully the Disneyland set will include Disneyland: The First 50 Magical Years, the short film with Steve Martin that is about to no longer be playing at Disneyland Park so that Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln can return. It's a good little nostalgic piece that will surely rarely ever see the light of day again if it's not included here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks