-

Photo
DVD Reviews

HTF Review: THE NATURAL (DIRECTOR'S CUT)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#21 of 24 AaronMan

AaronMan

Second Unit

• 286 posts

Posted April 13 2007 - 02:29 AM

This is very strange. The menus show up in English on my computer. My DVD player is a region free Denon 3910. This is the only time a region 1 disc has reacted like this.

#22 of 24 Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

Producer

• 3,960 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted April 13 2007 - 02:38 AM

It's a Sony disc, and given the problems several people have had with Sony discs on this board, this is hardly shocking. I seem to recall some of those problems involving Denon players, region free players, but mostly Toshiba players. Sony is very fond of RCE (Region Code Enhancement), which is why my daughter's copy of 13 Going on 30 wouldn't play in my region free Zenith (actually an LG), but plays just fine in my Philips DVD/VCR combo.
"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#23 of 24 Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Actor

• 881 posts

Posted May 02 2007 - 12:28 PM

Anyone know how I can get disc 2 with the supplemental docs without buying the set? Netflix doesn't list this new directors cut and BB only lists disc 1 which I just received. But no disc 2 is available. Any suggestions?

#24 of 24 Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Actor

• 881 posts

Posted May 03 2007 - 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw
Anyone know how I can get disc 2 with the supplemental docs without buying the set? Netflix doesn't list this new directors cut and BB only lists disc 1 which I just received. But no disc 2 is available. Any suggestions?

Nevermind. Found it. You actually have to click on the movie and then bring up all editions. Then both discs are available to select. (For anyone that cares)