What's new

Any info on "The Choirboys" on DVD? (1 Viewer)

MarkWK

Agent
Does anynoe know anything about an eventual release of the film The Choirboys to DVD. This is the comedy made from a Joseph Wambaugh novel of the same name. Does anyone know what studio owns the rights to this?

Thanks,

Mark

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Mark, this is one that I'm wanting as well. No word that I've seen about any upcoming release. Then again, who knows....maybe it's on the production runway as we read this thread.

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
Universal owns the rights. It just turned up on either IFC or Sundance, I can't remember which (but I did make a copy to watch until the official release is announced).

amykz1971

Auditioning
Real Name
Amy
You can write to Universal Studios, that's what I did. Maybe if they get enough requests they will release the movie on DVD or Blu-Ray. I wrote to Universal Studios, on the suggestion of a message board from another website.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
If you are a Time Warner Cable customer (or know someone who is), THE CHOIRBOYS is available on the Time Warner "On Demand" movie tier. It's available through 12/31/2013 and is a $1.99 purchase.
I have a VHS copy of THE CHOIRBOYS and have been meaning to check it out on the "On Demand" system to see what the quality is like. I'll try to check this out in the next few days.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
For now you can watch it on Netflix Instant, or buy or rent it from Amazon Instant Video. Amazon print quality is decent; now that that same year's TWILIGHT'S LAST GLEAMING has made it to DVD/Blu this may be the hardest Aldrich title to obtain on physical media. (Well, OK, WORLD FOR RANSOM and TEN SECONDS TO HELL might be harder, but their profile is lower than that of this or SODOM AND GOMORRAH, which was on LD and can be found on overseas DVD.)

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Seven years later (!) THE CHOIRBOYS is now on DVD-R from the Universal Vault Series. You can find it on Amazon. Is Aldrich how complete on DVD/DVD-R?

Wade Sowers

Second Unit
Real Name
Wade Sowers
Unless they have come out someplace and I missed it/them (sadly possible), I believe THE WORLD FOR RANSOM (you can watch this one on amazon), 10 SECONDS TO HELL, and THE ANGRY HILLS are about the only Aldrich films currently lost in space - although the current DVD-R of SODOM AND GOMORRAH should not really count.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Good catches. World is due soon from Olive; I think Ten is an R2 title that maybe Sony has here via Hammer; and Hills is MIA. But The Choirboys for better or for worse has finally made it to disc.

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Bob Cashill said:
Good catches. World is due soon from Olive; I think Ten is an R2 title that maybe Sony has here via Hammer; and Hills is MIA. But The Choirboys for better or for worse has finally made it to disc.
Hammer did produce Ten Seconds to Hell, but United Artists released it here stateside upon its theatrical run, so MGM likely has the rights.

Stefan Andersson

Second Unit
World for Ransom was, I believe, mentioned as a recent Olive Films acquísition.

The Angry Hills is in the remastering queue for WAC release. Seem to remember a Facebook post about it.

Wade Sowers

Second Unit
Real Name
Wade Sowers
Thanks for the information regarding these films; quite something how the advent of DVD-R has allowed those who have an interest in a particular director to collect their early work.

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
Bob Cashill and Wade Sowers?! What, is Mobius reconstituting itself over here? Can Kim Greene and Marty McKee be far behind?

(And a certain Pokemon fan? ;) )

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
I've been here a few years longer than on Mobius, which is in its twilight. Hello again hello, as Neil Diamond once sang.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks