Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Mill Creek release of Ozzie and Harriett

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
66 replies to this topic

#41 of 67 OFFLINE   Doug^Ch

Doug^Ch

Second Unit

• 451 posts

Posted April 30 2007 - 04:26 AM

Alright, who has seen this 100 episode Mill Creek set on QVC? I have been all over QVC's website and can not find it listed anywhere. When I do a search on their site the only set that comes up is the Shout Factory Best of Set. I just received my 38 episode set from DDD, but I want to buy the 100 episode set as well. So if anyone has seen this set on QVC or found it on their website, please post.

#42 of 67 OFFLINE   Jack Cleveland

Jack Cleveland

Second Unit

• 330 posts

Posted April 30 2007 - 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug^Ch
Alright, who has seen this 100 episode Mill Creek set on QVC? I have been all over QVC's website and can not find it listed anywhere. When I do a search on their site the only set that comes up is the Shout Factory Best of Set. I just received my 38 episode set from DDD, but I want to buy the 100 episode set as well. So if anyone has seen this set on QVC or found it on their website, please post.

I second this!! Been looking and looking to no avail!

Jack

#43 of 67 OFFLINE   Bob Gu

Bob Gu

Supporting Actor

• 616 posts

Posted April 30 2007 - 12:00 PM

Doug...Jack...Didn't you read the email I posted from Mill Creek? (Which came later in the day than the info about 4/28 that MTO posted.) Mr. Warfield of Mill Creek said it would be on the QVC website in May. That could be any day between the 1st and the 31st.

So be like Ozzie,while you are waiting, go down to the Malt Shop and have Jack give you a burger and a coke.

#44 of 67 OFFLINE   Doug^Ch

Doug^Ch

Second Unit

• 451 posts

Posted April 30 2007 - 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gu
Doug...Jack...Didn't you read the email I posted from Mill Creek? (Which came later in the day than the info about 4/28 that MTO posted.) Mr. Warfield of Mill Creek said it would be on the QVC website in May. That could be any day between the 1st and the 31st.

So be like Ozzie,while you are waiting, go down to the Malt Shop and have Jack give you a burger and a coke.

Thanks Bob!! My stupidity. I guess I will go down to the Malt Shop and have a soda.

#45 of 67 OFFLINE   docdoowop

docdoowop

Second Unit

• 275 posts

Posted May 09 2007 - 12:39 AM

Boy am I enjoying this set! "Ozzie's Double" was a very clever show for its time (January, 1957). Also, I just queried QVC this morning about their alleged sale of the Mill Creek 100 episode box. "I have no information" was the answer.

#46 of 67 OFFLINE   Jeff*H

Jeff*H

Supporting Actor

• 703 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted May 09 2007 - 02:42 AM

This is the first Ozzie and Harriet set I have encountered where there is an extensive number of episodes that feature the kids when they were young. These were always my favorite episodes (I recall watching many of these on TBS 27 years ago where I discovered the show). The episodes that I have viewed so far are great quality and appear to be uncut, most featuring the original commericals. Great job Mill Creek!! Keep 'em coming.
Facebook members, be sure to visit my Hawaii Five-0 Celebration page:  http://www.facebook....113331868678710

#47 of 67 OFFLINE   docdoowop

docdoowop

Second Unit

• 275 posts

Posted May 09 2007 - 03:29 AM

Just had a chat with Mill Creek on the O&H situation. QVC purchased "several thousand" of the 100 episode boxes and were *thought* to have begun merchandising the set a week and a half ago. No idea why the delay. Pricing is expected to be <$20, so it'll be a slam dunk buy for fans. In any case, MC will bring the big set to all retail outlets in September.

See the separate thread on the imminent "Best of TV Detectives" 150 episode box for more Mill Creek news.

#48 of 67 OFFLINE   Doug^Ch

Doug^Ch

Second Unit

• 451 posts

Posted May 09 2007 - 04:25 AM

I've got to say that I am enjoying these Mill Creek episodes immensely as I had never seen the show before. I'm also enjoying the commercials almost as much as the show. Who knew that Listerine used to be marketed as a cure for dandruff or that they had a toothpaste with Lusterfoam, or that halitosis was such a scourge, and who ever heard of 007 Cologne for Men. Flash-Cubes, Boy! that sure was a simpler time.

#49 of 67 OFFLINE   Jack Cleveland

Jack Cleveland

Second Unit

• 330 posts

Posted May 20 2007 - 05:16 AM

Just went on QVC again to see if it's availlable yet. Still nothing-

Has anybody heard of an availlability date for the 100 episode set?

Jack

#50 of 67 OFFLINE   docdoowop

docdoowop

Second Unit

• 275 posts

Posted May 20 2007 - 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Cleveland

Has anybody heard of an availlability date for the 100 episode set?

Jack

Aside from QVC, Jack, MC will bring to all retail in September.

#51 of 67 OFFLINE   docdoowop

docdoowop

Second Unit

• 275 posts

Posted May 22 2007 - 01:08 AM

Well I've finished the set, and I have to say this is the budget TV box of the year. Most enjoyable. BTW, did you notice the credits for "The Top Gun" episode are actually those for "The Fraternity Rents Out a Room"? Curious! Anyway, a big public thank you to Mill Creek for making these available at a reasonable price (and including many original commercials.) Posted Image

#52 of 67 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,571 posts

Posted May 22 2007 - 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdoowop
Well I've finished the set, and I have to say this is the budget TV box of the year... Anyway, a big public thank you to Mill Creek for making these available at a reasonable price (and including many original commercials.) Posted Image

I concur! And "reasonable" isn't even the word I'd use. I say Mill Creek gave this set to us at a steal. Even if you only got the 38 episode set, instead of the 100 episode box a few of us got, it's still a fantastic steal.

Gary "and the original commercials are a fantastic 'extra' as well!" O.
"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#53 of 67 OFFLINE   Bob Hug

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

• 1,760 posts

Posted May 22 2007 - 05:20 AM

I’m nearing the halfway mark of the 100 episode set and, as budget, public domain releases are concerned, it’s really a pretty amazing collection with nearly a quarter of the entire series represented in this set. With all episodes in the official release from Shout! Factory being the syndicated versions, this release is essential for fans of the show. The vast majority of the episodes are complete and even most of these have original commercials. There’s probably only a half dozen episodes or so that are cut, syndicated versions that I can recall so far. One can nitpick about less than pristine a/v quality and the lack of color episodes for season 14, but what’s here is highly watchable for the most part. What’s engaging about this show is how the creative writing team (Ozzie Nelson among them) is consistently able to find humor in the ordinary day-to-day situations that most of us experience at one time or another . . . . . “The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet” may be a 50 year old show, but its humor is timeless. Thanks, Mill Creek!

#54 of 67 OFFLINE   Ron Lee Green

Ron Lee Green

Supporting Actor

• 604 posts

Posted May 22 2007 - 08:23 PM

It's listed now on the QVC website:

http://www.qvc.com/q...aspx/app.detail

$19.96 plus $4.72 s&h
"Congratulations. You're still in the running towards becoming America's Next Top Model."

#55 of 67 OFFLINE   Doug^Ch

Doug^Ch

Second Unit

• 451 posts

Posted May 23 2007 - 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Lee Green
It's listed now on the QVC website:

http://www.qvc.com/q...aspx/app.detail

$19.96 plus $4.72 s&h

Thanks for that Info Ron. I just ordered it!

#56 of 67 OFFLINE   Shawn_Sm

Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator

• 160 posts

Posted May 23 2007 - 06:11 PM

I just ordered as well. QVC might not have any sets left to sell on the air after we get done with them. Posted Image

#57 of 67 OFFLINE   Jefferson

Jefferson

Supporting Actor

• 979 posts

Posted May 25 2007 - 12:07 PM

Something compelled me to buy one of the 'public domain' discs of O and H a few years ago, put out by PLATINUM....although they vary in quality, they are indeed more complete in running times than the Nelson Family sanctioned set.
It is kind of fun to gather all the releases of this that you can, since it is the only way to find certain episodes.

#58 of 67 OFFLINE   Jeff*H

Jeff*H

Supporting Actor

• 703 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted May 28 2007 - 05:25 AM

I have been enjoying the 38-episode Mill Creek set, and am curious now about purchasing the 100-episode set from QVC. However, I have a few questions for those of you who were lucky enough to receive the 100 set.

Are all of the same 38 episodes featured?

Of the additional 62 episodes remaining, are the bulk of them from the early, Thorny-era seasons (1952-1958), or are they the later shows, or is there a nice even mix?

Also, of the additional 62, are most of these new to DVD, or are they found on the other Public Domain sets (i.e. the Platinum and TV Guide collections).

This will be helpful in determining whether I want to make the upgrade to the 100 set. As a fan of the earlier episodes, I am hoping this set represents them well. Thanks!
Facebook members, be sure to visit my Hawaii Five-0 Celebration page:  http://www.facebook....113331868678710

#59 of 67 OFFLINE   docdoowop

docdoowop

Second Unit

• 275 posts

Posted May 28 2007 - 06:46 AM

Jeff, all 38 are also contained in the 100 ep box. Here's a post at DVDTalk with a scan of the box showing the episodes:

http://forum.dvdtalk....66&postcount=8

I can't answer your other questions, but perhaps someone who managed to get the larger set will chime in.

#60 of 67 OFFLINE   Jeff*H

Jeff*H

Supporting Actor

• 703 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted May 28 2007 - 10:19 AM

Thanks doc, it looks like there is a fairly even representation of episodes across all 14 seasons. The 62 additional episodes are from the mid-to-late seasons of the series. Most of the last few seasons' episodes are available in other PD sets but many of the early and middle seasons are unique to this set.

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow