What's new

Help me find Mysterious Stones name (2 Viewers)

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I saw a show years ago about mysteries. and I want to know what these stones are called.

Apparently there are these stones that were found are thousands of years old. supposedly there are like 7 rumored to exist, but only 5 have ever been found. These stones were perfect, (meaning that even with laser cutting technology of today we still couldn't create such a perfectly shaped stone). allegedly these "stones" have enormous amounts of information (silicon based memory), I think the rumor was that it contained the history of the world but the couple who possessed one of the stones said they consulted a computer guy at the time and they said that the world was tens of years away from developing that kind of storage capacity let alone seeing if they could get anything out of it. I think the stones were of an Aztec background. I wanted to read up on them more. its been several years since I saw it so my facts could be wrong. Google didn't pull anything up either. Any ideas?

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Mitchell-Hedges crystal skull

Yes, I think that is what it is. Ill have to Wiki it and see if anything else triggers my memory. I could've sworn that one was green though.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Assuming of course that the Mitchell-Hedges crystal skull was really found there and not bought and placed. It's not easy getting good skull.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
after reading the Wiki on the skills, I do not think those were the ones in the show I had watched. Perhaps I was right and they were just stones not skulls. As I said, I think they were silicon based in nature which is why it was rumored that it contained data, and Im pretty sure the couple that possessed one of the stones had a green one.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Seriously I couldn't even remember, I must have been about 18 at the time, so thats at least 8 years ago. Whatever it was it was on Standard Cable, so chances are it would've been either TLC, or Discovery. I really wish I could remember more. I would've liked to see that special you mentioned. Was it on the Discovery HD?

Buzz Foster

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
I like when I put my crystal skull next to my Costa Rica sphere, and they glow, and then I use the Antikythera mechanism to levitate stones to build the great pyramids.

The Sphinx told me how.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member

I saw it about a year ago.. and saw it was just on again recently. I'm not exactly sure, it might even have been on the History Channel.. I think the show is called "Ancient Mysteries"... or "Ancient Technologies". It's a series, I believe.

There was another one about the Greek inventor Heron who invented automatic doors and even a steam engine. Pretty amazing.

[EDIT:] I found it.. it's called "Ancient Discoveries" on the History Channel. They have several episodes on machines.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
But did the Sphinx tell you why we have to enter the #'s 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42 into the computer?

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member

Most people believe Mitchell-Hedges purchased the skull at auction in the 1940s. The "ancient mayan curse" is only there to impress the people who aren't impressed with the overall engineering and mysterious construction of the thing. (cause its really a pretty boring thing otherwise... just kinda sits there).

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Along the lines of the original post, I saw a print article a few years back about a burial cavern found in South America, I believe, that contained crystalized skeletons. I can't seem to find anything about that online. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and have a link or specifics?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks