Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Lake House movie and the PS3?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 of 15 OFFLINE   CRyan

CRyan

Screenwriter

• 1,244 posts

Posted March 22 2007 - 10:06 AM

This is the second one I have tried - The first one would not even be recognized as a disc and now the second one comes up with an error wehn I try to play.

The error.... "This video cannot be played. (80029940)."

Anyone else have prolems with this disc on the PS3 or ever seen this error? Besides the freezing issue, I have never seen this error or had a problem with a blu ray disc.

#2 of 15 OFFLINE   TonyT

TonyT

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted March 22 2007 - 05:05 PM

I just tried my Lake House rental disc and got the same error message. I also just updated to firmware 1.6.

#3 of 15 OFFLINE   Greg Kettell

Greg Kettell

Screenwriter

• 1,187 posts
  • LocationNY Capital Region

Posted March 23 2007 - 01:21 AM

So it just doesn't work at all? I guess I'll switch to the SD DVD in my Netflix queue. The BD has been on "long wait" for weeks now anyway.

#4 of 15 OFFLINE   CRyan

CRyan

Screenwriter

• 1,244 posts

Posted March 23 2007 - 06:03 AM

I am trying for a third. But I am certainly a reason for peoples long wait right now at Blockbuster online.

I have read more about this error happening with other discs as well. Most report them as rentals that have some kind of surface defect. Both of the Lakehouse discs had a similar problem. Three small indented lines - almost like what a mechanical mail sorter would do.

What is odd though is many other discs have had bad abrasions with absolutely no issues.

#5 of 15 OFFLINE   Chris Will

Chris Will

Supporting Actor

• 748 posts
  • LocationMontgomery, AL

Posted March 23 2007 - 10:00 AM

Sounds to me like the PS3 is desperately trying to save you from the torture of watching The Lake House. Consider it a blessing.

#6 of 15 OFFLINE   BrettB

BrettB

Producer

• 3,024 posts

Posted March 23 2007 - 10:02 AM

Posted Image

#7 of 15 OFFLINE   CRyan

CRyan

Screenwriter

• 1,244 posts

Posted March 23 2007 - 01:00 PM

That is actually the joke with my wife. When it first occured, I told my wife THANK GOD - Put in Rocky! :-)

THen the second one did it and I got concerned...

#8 of 15 OFFLINE   slickblackvette

slickblackvette

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted March 30 2007 - 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Will
Sounds to me like the PS3 is desperately trying to save you from the torture of watching The Lake House. Consider it a blessing.

Yeah, I agree with Chris!!! There is a reason the disc won't play...............the machine is trying to tell you the movie sucks! I have to give it a big Posted Image Posted Image .....two thumbs down for pure boredom and stupidity!

#9 of 15 OFFLINE   Michael D. Bunting

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter

• 1,836 posts

Posted March 30 2007 - 11:24 AM

My rental copy worked...on my PS3...at least it did when I viewed it about a week after it was released to HD-DVD.

The only reason I remember this is because I will always consider itto be the worst movie I have ever seen! Ever!

#10 of 15 OFFLINE   Greg Kettell

Greg Kettell

Screenwriter

• 1,187 posts

Posted March 30 2007 - 02:00 PM

Well dang it, now I have to see it just to see if it really is that bad. Posted Image

Still "long wait" on Netflix though.

#11 of 15 OFFLINE   Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter

• 1,275 posts

Posted April 10 2007 - 09:30 AM

I got a very scratched "Lake House" on Blu-ray from Blockbuster and it wouldn't play. I saw it was on HBO and I just got a freeview of HBO with DirecTV for some reason so I recorded it to watch later and hope Blockbuster doesn't send me another disc. HBO crops HD movies so maybe they cut out all of the bad parts on the side of the film and the cropped version will be awesome. I have never seen it, but thought it was supposed to be pretty good, this thread sure indicates it isn't.

Chris

#12 of 15 OFFLINE   CRyan

CRyan

Screenwriter

• 1,244 posts

Posted April 10 2007 - 02:31 PM

I think Blockbuster only had three copies as the fourth time they sent me the first disc AGAIN. Even after I returned it indicating it had a problem. Anyway, all four did not work. Still have not seen it. Not in any hurry.

#13 of 15 OFFLINE   SVTStingRay

SVTStingRay

Stunt Coordinator

• 100 posts

Posted April 13 2007 - 06:52 AM

hey lake house was a good movie, now premonition....thats a different story

#14 of 15 OFFLINE   Greg Kettell

Greg Kettell

Screenwriter

• 1,187 posts

Posted April 13 2007 - 07:52 AM

Well I gave up on ever getting it from Netflix, it was on HBO so I Tivo'd it.

I think it was ok (for a chick flick Posted Image) right until the end, where it didn't make any logical sense based on the time travel rules previously established. But then that's a problem most such movies have.

BTW, I still don't know why he never asked her to provide winning lottery numbers. Posted Image

#15 of 15 OFFLINE   Tim Johnson

Tim Johnson

Agent

• 36 posts

Posted April 15 2007 - 03:09 AM

Unfortunately the copy that NetFlix sent me played just fine on my PS3.

Fortunately, my wife has the same feeling I do towards that movie, so I should never have to watch it again.
--
Tim Johnson