Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Your All-time favorite song

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
77 replies to this topic

#1 of 78 OFFLINE   David Hobbes

David Hobbes

Stunt Coordinator

• 107 posts

Posted March 21 2007 - 01:37 AM

Do you have a song that you consider your all-time favorite? Just one song. And why is it your favorite?

Mine is:

Wuthering Heights - Kate Bush/Pat Benatar a song about the doomed love of Heathcliff and Cathy on the moors. Bush's version is a moody atmospheric masterpiece. Bush has a unique voice that makes the song very haunting and beautiful, especially if you listen to it through headphones. When listening to the song you feel like you are transported out on the moors. It's a timeless song that could have been written 150 years ago or 150 years from now.

Benatar's version is more pop/rock oriented, but equally as beautiful as Benatar has a tremendous voice. And Neil Giraldo plays a great solo.

#2 of 78 OFFLINE   Karl_Luph

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor

• 974 posts

Posted March 21 2007 - 04:31 AM

Hey Dave, check out Hayley Westenra's version of this song.I wasn't aware that Pat Benetar did it also,I'll have to check it out.

#3 of 78 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,535 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted March 21 2007 - 04:42 AM

I always have trouble with picking favorites, but I do have a favorite song -- Natural Science, by Rush.

Yeah, I'm a geek and proud of it! Posted Image
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#4 of 78 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,875 posts
  • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted March 21 2007 - 04:47 AM

I'm a sucker for 70s soul. Wildflower by Skylark. Awesome one-hit wonder. I want to introduce the woman that song is about to my mother. Posted Image
Silly Party Candidate: Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#5 of 78 OFFLINE   David Hobbes

David Hobbes

Stunt Coordinator

• 107 posts

Posted March 21 2007 - 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman
I always have trouble with picking favorites, but I do have a favorite song -- Natural Science, by Rush.

Yeah, I'm a geek and proud of it! Posted Image

Natural Science is in my top 20 songs of All time..yes i'm a fellow Rush geek...

#6 of 78 OFFLINE   Joel...Lane

Joel...Lane

Second Unit

• 442 posts

Posted March 21 2007 - 07:43 AM

Everybody Wants To Rule The World - Tears for Fears

Why? Who knows, it just is.

#7 of 78 OFFLINE   Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Screenwriter

• 2,737 posts

Posted March 21 2007 - 08:21 AM

Until The End Of The World - U2

The Achtung Baby album came out when I was in college and this one struck the perfect chord with me....still burns and brims with a dark edge and lamentation that gets me everytime I hear it.
"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science" – Edwin Hubble
My DVD Collection

#8 of 78 OFFLINE   John Kilduff

John Kilduff

Screenwriter

• 1,663 posts

Posted March 21 2007 - 08:35 AM

My all-time favorite song is "Part Of Your World" from "The Little Mermaid". I can relate to the lyrics. I'm not a woman, but I can understand the concept of wanting something better for yourself. As an autistic person, I often wonder what it would be like to be free of my disability and feel like part of this world. It's something that may never happen, at least in my lifetime, but I feel that the song gives me hope that I'll be able to get through my problems and become a normal member of society.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I just wish my autism could go away immediately.
Forget the Rewind. If you want real retro action, go to http://www.retrojunk.com.

Proud member of the American Film Institute and a Wal-Mart employee (Yes, you can be both).

From Michelle Pfeiffer to Daryl Hannah and all points in-between, I love 80s women. Don't believe me? Scope out this link: htt.....

#9 of 78 OFFLINE   Ron Reda

Ron Reda

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted March 21 2007 - 08:58 AM

#41 by The Dave Matthews Band (off "Crash") due to it's perfect mix of beautiful lyrics and jazz-infused music.
"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz

#10 of 78 OFFLINE   Henry Gale

Henry Gale

Producer

• 4,633 posts

Posted March 21 2007 - 09:48 AM

I would make a point of having a different answer everytime I was asked this question.
Most times I would like it to be a song that makes me happy.
Few songs make me happier than Tipitina by Professor Longhair.
"I was born to ramble, born to rove
Some men are searchin for the Holy Grail
But there ain't nothin sweeter 
Than riden' the rails."
-Tom Waits-

#11 of 78 OFFLINE   gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,719 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted March 21 2007 - 01:18 PM

I can never make up my mind on things like this. I either have too many favorite songs or none at all so I'm going to take the easy way out and say "Hey Jude" by the Beatles. But it could have easily been so many others.
"Everyday room": Panasonic 58" Plasma, Dish HD DVR, Pioneer Elite vsx-23, BDP-23 BR, dv58avi universal dvd player, Paradigm Studio 20 V1, CC-450, Dayton HSU-10 subwoofer.

"Movie/Music room": Toshiba 65" DLP, Dish HD receiver, Marantz 7005, CC-4003, BD-7006, Polk LSI25's-LSi7's-LSiC, 2 original Dayton 10" "Mighty-Mites" subwoofers. (subject to change without notice).

Also have  MB Quart Vera VS05 +.....too much to list. Help me.

#12 of 78 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,527 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted March 21 2007 - 02:52 PM

Well, I looked in iTunes to see what songs I've played more than any other in the past couple of years.

Drum Dreams by Electric Light Orchestra ranks #1 by a factor of 4 to 1. Curious--I must have left it in a loop with the speakers off because I don't remember listening to it 143 times.

But if I had to pick one song that I've listened to more over the past 24 years or so, it would be...

The Stalker Song by The Police. A.K.A. Every Breath You Take

- Steve

#13 of 78 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,864 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted March 21 2007 - 03:11 PM

Well, I don't know about all-time, but I love 99 by Toto and Him by Rupert Holmes.

#14 of 78 OFFLINE   Carl Miller

Carl Miller

Screenwriter

• 1,461 posts

Posted March 21 2007 - 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H
Well, I don't know about all-time, but I love 99 by Toto and Him by Rupert Holmes.

Rupert Holmes? The Pina Colada guy?

My all time favorite would have to be Train in Vain (Stand By Me) by The Clash.
Carl

#15 of 78 OFFLINE   Jeff_A

Jeff_A

Screenwriter

• 1,459 posts

Posted March 22 2007 - 12:04 AM

One? Oh, the horror!

Led Zeppelin: Kashmir

#16 of 78 OFFLINE   Todd H

Todd H

Screenwriter

• 2,056 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted March 22 2007 - 01:30 AM

Interstate Love Song by Stone Temple Pilots.

#17 of 78 OFFLINE   Brent T

Brent T

Second Unit

• 279 posts

Posted March 22 2007 - 04:35 AM

Country Feedback - R.E.M.

#18 of 78 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,864 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted March 22 2007 - 05:19 AM

Quote:
Rupert Holmes? The Pina Colada guy?

Yeah. "Him" is completely different. I'm not saying you'd like it, but it's a favorite of mine.

#19 of 78 OFFLINE   Will_B

Will_B

Producer

• 4,733 posts

Posted March 22 2007 - 05:31 AM

If I go by which song appears in my mind most often, I suppose it would be David Bowie's Heroes. Not that I actually play the song a lot, but, the lyrics come to mind the most.
"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted." -Krysta Now

#20 of 78 OFFLINE   Egbert Souse

Egbert Souse

Agent

• 43 posts

Posted March 22 2007 - 06:38 AM

My favorite song varies according to what kind of mood I`m in,but if I had to choose just one I guess it would be "The Ocean Is The Ultimate Solution" by Frank Zappa.It is an amazing instrumental That takes you on an almost endless journey,incredible!!

Forum Nav Content I Follow