Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Lost Season 2 sound problems?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Bill Robertson

Bill Robertson

Stunt Coordinator

• 76 posts

Posted March 19 2007 - 01:20 AM

Apologies if someone has posted this already but I couldn't find any threads when I searched earlier. I bought my wife the Lost Season 1 & 2 box set for Christmas. Season 1 was fine and we recently started working our way through season 2. However, I've notced that on several episodes the sound for the first 30 seconds or so is gone (right where you'd expect to hear "previously on Lost...") then the sound cuts back in. This is the R2 version. Is this a known problem or just a glitch in my set? Over to you folks...

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,070 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted March 19 2007 - 05:51 AM

It's not that way in the R1 version. You could try posting this in the Regional DVD Area too. Good luck!

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Eric James

Eric James

Agent

• 40 posts

Posted March 19 2007 - 07:51 AM

This happens on my R1 set as well.
I'll tell you when I've had enough!!!

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Darren Gross

Darren Gross

Supporting Actor

• 500 posts

Posted March 19 2007 - 11:08 AM

Not sure if it applies in these cases, but the loss of the first few seconds of audio is a problem with the Oppo player that hasn't been corrected yet. The only way to avoid it is hitting stop just as the menu transitions to the episode. Then hit play and it starts fine. Perhaps this is also a problem with other players.

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Scott_F_S

Scott_F_S

Second Unit

• 408 posts

Posted March 19 2007 - 06:19 PM

I just finished a four-day run through the R1 set, and I never noticed this at all.

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Bill Robertson

Bill Robertson

Stunt Coordinator

• 76 posts

Posted March 19 2007 - 10:15 PM

Thanks for the feedback - sounds like an issue with my Philips dvd player rather than a problem with the disc. I will give the solutions listed a try and see what happens. Its not a major hassle to tell the truth - more annoying than anything else.

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Firebee

Firebee

Supporting Actor

• 759 posts

Posted March 22 2007 - 02:09 AM

I didn't notice any sound issues when I watched this set late last year, before Season 3 began...of course, I'm moderately to severely deaf in both ears...and I use a Sony PS2 as my DVD player. Not exactly the fanciest DVD player out there...but it works just fine for all of my DVDs that I've tried playing thus far! Posted Image

I also have not enough time to watch all of these DVDS:

http://www.invelos.c....aspx/fire26bee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users