Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Component Vidoe Comes out RED?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 viper04

viper04

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted March 18 2007 - 12:18 PM

Hello.

I just hooked up my DVD player to my new 46 62U Sharp LCD tv using component video and the picture is all red. When I use s-video the picture if fine.

What I'm I missing? I double checked and the red,green, blue are going into the proper spots and I'm using Monster component cables?

Thanks

Viper

#2 of 6 Jeremy Little

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor

• 772 posts

Posted March 18 2007 - 01:35 PM

Is it a Samsung? If so, change the setting from S-Video to component video in the player's setup menu.
If it wasn't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college.

#3 of 6 viper04

viper04

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted March 18 2007 - 02:06 PM

Its a Sharp. And when I changed it to input 2 it says component but only shows everything in red.

#4 of 6 smith12

smith12

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted March 18 2007 - 10:13 PM

Try the setting on your dvd player. Should be able to switch the view to component on the player as well as the tv. Hope this helps.

#5 of 6 viper04

viper04

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted March 19 2007 - 01:46 AM

I'll try that and see if that works.

Thanks

#6 of 6 joseph westcott

joseph westcott

Second Unit

• 355 posts

Posted March 23 2007 - 08:10 AM

If the good suggestions of others here do not work, try moving the cables around to see if you can isolate a bad cable. They are all basically composite cables, just split into different signals for more bandwidth and signal isolation. So, technically you can use any color on any output as long as you are consistent. Example, use a green cable to go from red to red connection, use blue cable to go from green to green conn, and green cable to go from blue to blue connection.

Let us know if the color changes or you only get black and white signal.