What's new

Component Vidoe Comes out RED? (1 Viewer)

viper04

Auditioning
Real Name
Matt
Hello.

I just hooked up my DVD player to my new 46 62U Sharp LCD tv using component video and the picture is all red. When I use s-video the picture if fine.

What I'm I missing? I double checked and the red,green, blue are going into the proper spots and I'm using Monster component cables?

Thanks

Viper

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
Is it a Samsung? If so, change the setting from S-Video to component video in the player's setup menu.

viper04

Auditioning
Real Name
Matt
Its a Sharp. And when I changed it to input 2 it says component but only shows everything in red.

smith12

Auditioning
Real Name
Travis Smith
Try the setting on your dvd player. Should be able to switch the view to component on the player as well as the tv. Hope this helps.

joseph westcott

Second Unit
If the good suggestions of others here do not work, try moving the cables around to see if you can isolate a bad cable. They are all basically composite cables, just split into different signals for more bandwidth and signal isolation. So, technically you can use any color on any output as long as you are consistent. Example, use a green cable to go from red to red connection, use blue cable to go from green to green conn, and green cable to go from blue to blue connection.

Let us know if the color changes or you only get black and white signal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks