What's new

Universal up's the ante with new interactive features (1 Viewer)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Looks like Universal is raising the bar with interactivity with the release of Children of Men and Smokin' Aces. It will be interesting if the features add value to the releases that viewers will actually take advantage of.

Rolando

Screenwriter
though sounds really cool, I am worried that we are moving closer to the dangerous "just connect your player to the internet for these cool features..."

And it's not just a "big brother" concern. It's also about having all the content on the disc so we don't have to worry about how long will the studio keep the content online and what if I am not at home or have no connection, I want to access that content anyway if I paid for it. And make no mistake, when you buy the HD-DVD you are paying for it.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Count me not excited. The more features that Uni has added to their discs, the worse they've played back for me. I've had 4 copies of Holywoodland and none of them will play correctly on my A2. I figur if Uni adds one more feature that my players will just melt down and sink to the earth's core. I'm not hooking up a player to the net anytime soon in any case.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter

Same here. Titles will sell the formats, not internet-enabled features.

Think about how many times you've cared to use DVD-ROM features. Same thing IMO.

Just give us more big titles, and faster.

Still, can't wait to get my hands on Children of Men. If it has playback problems because of this junk someone will hang.... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks