What's new

Any JAWS fans out there? (1 Viewer)

Jake Gove

Second Unit
If you feel this is spam or violates the HTF rules, please let me know (I hope not). I have been coming to the HTF for a very long time, since about 1998. I am mostly a lurker.

I am a Producer on a independent documentary about the movie JAWS. We are trying to get Universal to distribute it, but they need us to show them there is a demand for our doc. It's called The Shark is Still Working, and it covers the impact JAWS has had on pop culture, filmmakers inspired by it, the huge fan base, and more. We were fortunate to get new interviews with Steven Spielberg, Richard Dreyfuss, Kevin Smith, Bryan Singer, Robert Rodriguez, and many more, and we had Roy Scheider do the narration. We truly feel it is the ultimate JAWS documentary.

Please help us out by signing our petition to get it released:
http://www.petitiononline.com/amity811/petition.html

More info about the doc, including video clips and a trailer are here:
http://www.sharkisstillworking.com

Thank you.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Hi Jake, been a long time lurker at jawsmovie.com. I also signed the petition. Thanks for doing what most of us Jaws fans could only dream of doing. Can't wait to see this dvd. Jaws is one of my favorite movies and I remember buying my laser disc player just so I could watch the Jaws signature boxed set.

Paul_Nyman

Second Unit
Wow! I had no idea someone was working on a JAWS documentary! Form the clips I viewed it sounds like an excellent celebration of the films popularity! Petitioned signed and I have told several people about this too! Can't wait to hear about a release date.

Ronald G

Grip
With all of the interest here "your gonna need a bigger petition!" :)
Good luck!
Coincidentaly I saw them film some of it in the summer of 1974 on Martha's Vinyard when I was 14.

Real Name
Charles de Lauzirika
Signed. As someone who enjoys 3-hour-long documentaries about films I'm passionate about, I'll keep my fingers crossed that this gets a proper release.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
The trailer made me smile. :) You'd think with all the talent behind this, someone would be willing to pick it up...

Reagan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reagan
That was one impressive trailer. Make sure the trailer finds its way on to the DVD.

I'm on the list.

-Reagan

Haden

Supporting Actor
Still no release date for this documentary, eh?

Damn good trailer, but it just keeps teasing us more for something that should have been out by now. Seems like this has been in development for 2-3 years now and I thought it was going to be released last year. I'll definitely buy it when it comes out, but I'm getting so impatient.... :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks