Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Superboy (live-action) any more seasons coming?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,923 posts

Posted March 17 2007 - 06:22 AM

Just wondering if Warner plans on releasing any more seasons of the tv show "Superboy"? The later seasons were much better.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts
  • LocationPrincess Anne, Md. USA

Posted March 17 2007 - 06:39 AM

I hope so... would love to see the remainder of the series be released!

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   MattSav

MattSav

Stunt Coordinator

• 86 posts

Posted March 21 2007 - 07:45 AM

As would I, even though I thought John Haymes Newton did a lot better in the role than Gerard Christopher. I liked 'normal' Clark as opposed to 'geeky' Clark. Still, later seasons really found their stride and became more like comic book adventures (thanks to a bunch of writers who actually wrote comics.) David Nutter, who went on to direct the Smallville pilot, also directed a number of epiosdes, as did Perry White himself, Jackie Cooper.

I would expect Warner to be churning these out. I didn't think Season 1 sold *that* badly. It did pretty well it's first month of release and consistently stayed in the Amazon top 100 DVDs in the lead up to last summer's release of Superman Returns.

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,923 posts

Posted March 22 2007 - 05:45 AM

Speaking of later episodes. Their was a later season 2-parter called "Road Not Taken". And it was about how Superboy somehow gets transported into a parallel Earth. Where he was raised by a mean old farmer instead of the Kents and ended up taking over the Earth. And Lex Luthor is a good guy and is trying to stop him.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   Ron68

Ron68

Supporting Actor

• 510 posts

Posted March 22 2007 - 05:31 PM

I enjoyed Season 1 more than expected, I've never seen any of the other seasons but I'd check them out.

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   Derek_J

Derek_J

Stunt Coordinator

• 235 posts

Posted February 14 2008 - 06:55 AM

Anybody hear any news on this?

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,688 posts

Posted February 14 2008 - 07:23 AM

I haven't heard any news about the second season.

We will probably have to wait until the Superman sequel is released in theaters in a couple years. There will probably be more Superboy dvd releases around that time.

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   JoshuaB.

JoshuaB.

Second Unit

• 408 posts
  • LocationCowtown, formerly Vancouver

Posted February 14 2008 - 02:32 PM

I think any future releases are being held up by a lawsuit between the Siegel estate and DC Comics/Warner over the Superboy character. Superboy is persona non grata until the case is resolved in all the various media (Warner omitted the Superboy shorts from the Filmation 60s Superman animated series as a consequence of the case). I'd love to see the rest of Superboy released, but until the lawsuit is dealt with, we won't see anymore seasons for awhile (though I don't think it's as dire as the Batman '66 issue).

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   JohnS

JohnS

Producer

• 4,569 posts

Posted February 15 2008 - 01:38 AM

Actually, I thought the lawsuit was over the word Superboy and not so much the character.

all-banner.jpg

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   Sunfire Ranger

Sunfire Ranger

Agent

• 29 posts

Posted February 15 2008 - 05:34 AM

Hey guys, if you want to get the low-down on the situation with Superboy's remaining DVD sets, go to Superboy Homepage and read the recent interview with Ilya Salkind. Also, a campaign is coming very soon to get the rest of the show out on DVD. That information can also be found at the Superboy Homepage.