What's new

DVD Profiler 3.0 is out (1 Viewer)

Gunnar Syren

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gunnar Syrén
Kan Cole has taken DVD Profiler to his new company, Invelos Software, and 3.0 has just been released. Doesn't seem to be quite stable yet, but it's certainly worth a look. http://www.invelos.com/

Version 2.4 (and 2.5 Beta) is still supported at Intervocative.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
I'm still sticking with DVDSpot.com thank you very muchly much.

Neal K

Agent
Am I missing something, or is this now ONLY a paying proposition? It says free "download", but then seems to want $30.

Arnie G

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arnie Douglas
Per their site: If you have a Premium registration key for DVD Profiler 2 or earlier, you can update to a 3.0 key for free

Cool!!! :)

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor

It's still free. I've read reports from others who have the free version, so I know it exists. What's changed for the free version is that after your collection jumps above 50 DVDs, a lot of features are disabled. But even at $10 a movie, 50 DVDs works out to $500. Surely people who can spend $500 on movies (on the low end) can find $30 in their budget to support them. If not, there are other options available that are free.

At this point 3.0 is full of bugs. But version 3.0.1 is expect in the next week or so.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Downloaded. Installed.

Got my free key from being a premium customer.

Imported my most recent backup file....

This looks AWESOME!

Thanks for posting Gunnar! :emoji_thumbsup:

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
It's a while since I switch from DVD Profiler to Collectorz.com Movie Collector. I love it because it's more flexible and the ability to select and edit several titles at a time is like being in heaven! :)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I'm gonna have to see if my computer has enough brain space to support this. Something to play with over the weekend for sure.

Arnie G

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arnie Douglas
I installed it on Vista & so far so good. It has lots of udated features I'll have to figure out. It looks good though :)

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
I was just about to switch from using DVDProfiler because of the apparent lack up grades/future support. I'll give this version a try this weekend. Thanks!

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
You can run them both simultaneously. Installing 3.0 over 2.4/5 doesn't even work as far as I'm aware.

You should keep your old database in working order anyway, at least for the time being, as there are quite a few kinks to be worked out.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

Just noticed this in their FAQ...

Q:How do I upgrade from DVD Profiler 2.5 (or earlier)?
- First, create a backup file from your current DVD Profiler installation by selecting File->Backup Profile Database from DVD Profiler's main menu
- Then, download and install DVD Profiler 3.0 and restore the backup file you created. That's it! Your collection will be fully copied into the "Default" database in DVD Profiler.
*You must use the backup/restore feature to copy your database. Upgrading by installing over 2.5 (or earlier) is not possible.*

widescreenforever

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
arthurjulius

Exactly..!!,, Hold off on buying the next DVD,, and the membership and rewards of this program is worth ALL your DVD's put together. ( can you imagine if you Lost all your discs from your home over night?). Here you can look at them all day as you tweak and set the library just the way you want it. And the high quality DVD cover image is the best part of OWNING this software package. Out of all the money I have spent for annual virus programs etc., or windows operating system to Bill Gates is up to ten times more than the DVD Profiler software a lot of us have purchased years ago,, and still using today with their new site and new updated package.

widescreenforever

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
arthurjulius

You can too, after installing 3.0 remove 2.5 from your control panel and explorer.. ( but do so at your own risk after you have backed up all the export data to another folder).

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry

I downloaded but hesitate to install; what were some of the problems?

On second thought, since they can be installed side-by-side, I'll take the plunge. Procrastinated a long time before buying the license but have never regretted doing so. :emoji_thumbsup:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

I do most of my own cover art scans. Do I need to backup/restore the cover art as part of this procedure, too? I'm assuming the answer is yes, but you know what happens when you assume... :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Scott: If you have somehow managed to import your own scanned cover-art into DVD Profiler (something I've never done), then I suppose a complete back-up of your database should have you covered.

Of course, I would make sure I had everything backed up anyway....just in case.

As has been said, once 3.0 is installed, you need to enter your collection by importing a back-up of your collection as it sits in 2.5. So, there's probably no way around it. Without the backup/restore, you got nuttin'! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks