What's new

The Shark Is Still Working (2007)

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Title: The Shark Is Still Working

Genre: Documentary

Director: Erik Hollander

Cast: Richard Dreyfuss, Carl Gottlieb, Gregory Nicotero, Robert Rodriguez, Eli Roth, Tom Savini, Roy Scheider, Steven Spielberg, John Williams, Richard D. Zanuck, Sid Sheinberg, Kevin Smith, M. Night Shyamalan, Patrick Read Johnson, Bryan Singer, Eduardo Sánchez, Lorraine Gary, Greg Skomal

Release: 2007-01-01

Runtime: 100

Plot: After three decades, Jaws continues to intrigue, thrill and frighten viewers. This documentary focuses on the many ways Jaws has helped to shape common elements of pop culture
Article at spielbergfilms . com
One of the most astounding things is that this truly exhaustive, nearly all-inclusive study of all things “Jaws” never wears out its welcome. The cut currently being shopped to Universal runs at a very healthy three hours and 14 minutes, making it the longest documentary ever devoted to “Jaws.”
3H 14M
htf_images_smilies_eek.gif
htf_images_smilies_thumbsup.gif

Hard core Jaws fans have known about this film for a while now. They've locked the print and are trying to get Uni to put it out.
These dudes have put a ton of effort into this and I sure hopt I get to see it soon.
Bring it on!
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Brett, I've been waiting for this FOREVER. I hit jawsmovie.com every so often to see how the doc. is coming along. I don't know if you know this but the cabin that Speilberg & Co. occupied during the filming of Jaws was recently torn down. Seeing the pics of it getting demolished was pretty painful.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Sounds great. Will it be in theaters or on dvd soon?

I would buy it in a flash!

Jake Gove

Second Unit
Update- The Shark is Still Working has been making the festival rounds. We are hoping for a summer 2010 release on DVD to coincide with the 35th anniversary of JAWS. Universal is rumored to be holding back JAWS on blu-ray until the anniversary as well.

May 2-3 - Los Angeles, CA
June 12-13 - San Francisco, CA
July 18 - Denver, CO (tentative)
Aug 1 - Tulsa, OK
Sept 10-16 Chicago, IL
Oct 2-4 New York, NY
Nov 13-15 London, England

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
T-town, on my b-day no less. Oh my!

Hi Jake, any chance at all of a Blu release?

Jake Gove

Second Unit
They are film festival showings, so anyone can attend. As far as blu-ray, that would be up to the distributor. The actual date/time for NY has not been determined yet, but it will likely be 9:00 PM on Oct 2nd. It will be part of the New York United Film Festival. I am also working on getting a showing at Fantastic Fest in Austin, TX in September.

Last night we showed the trailer at Red Rocks in Colorado before a showing of JAWS. There were 6000+ attendees and we got a great response to the trailer. The result is that we are adding two more screenings in Denver on July 17 and July 19.

Jake Gove

Second Unit
If anyone in Colorado wants to see The Shark is Still Working, it is playing July 17-19 at the Denver Starz FilmCenter, showtimes are 7:00 pm for the 17th and 18th and a matinee showing of 3:00 pm. I will be doing and intro and Q&A at the 17th showing.
Info and tickets here: www.denverfilm.org/filmcenter/detail.aspx

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Same here. If it comes to Philly, I'm there and I'm buying the dvd on the first day. I've been waiting for this dvd for a very long time now.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Originally Posted by Jake Gove /forum/thread/253757/the-shark-is-still-working-jaws-doc#post_3584353
If anyone in Colorado wants to see The Shark is Still Working, it is playing July 17-19 at the Denver Starz FilmCenter,
It sucks to live in Little Rock when you're hoping to see a film not in wide distribution. Guess I'll be waiting for the DVD (hopefully a blu-ray).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Is there any chance The Shark Is Still Working will see the light of day on DVD/Blu-ray? Been wanting to see this for ages.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
WaveCrest said:
Is there any chance The Shark Is Still Working will see the light of day on DVD/Blu-ray? Been wanting to see this for ages.
I would like to see it included on a special features disc for the upcoming JAWS blu release(providing Universal buys it to include).
That would be the most logical choice!
As a standalone release? I don't think it will ever be released. Unfortunate.

NY2LA

Screenwriter
Real Name
You and me both! If there was one. Ideally Yes I'd like to see it as a supplement to the movie - but it's not the only doc, did you see the Biography inside story special on it? They may have used some of the same footage, I don't know. But I did see this in LA and it's good.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Wow....why on earth is this not on DVD? Blu-ray....whatever.
I would LOVE to see this!

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Kevin M said:
Wow....why on earth is this not on DVD? Blu-ray....whatever.
I would LOVE to see this!
I'm still crossing my fingers that Universal will aquire this, and release it(with other special features)on the upcoming Blu-ray release.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks