Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Shark Is Still Working (Jaws doc.)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 of 47 OFFLINE   BrettB

BrettB

Producer

• 3,024 posts

Posted March 15 2007 - 04:31 AM

Article at spielbergfilms . com

Quote:
Despite the fact that we’ve seen numerous “Jaws” documentaries throughout the years, few of them can compare with the comprehensive roster of “Jaws” cast and crew who participated in “The Shark is Still Working.” Steven Spielberg, Roy Scheider (who also provides warm narration throughout the documentary in his instantly recognizable and inviting voice), Richard Dreyfuss, Lorraine Gary, Carl Gottlieb, Peter Benchley (in his last on-screen interview before his passing), Joe Alves, Bill Butler, John Williams, Richard Zanuck and David Brown -- practically any cast and crewmember that you could think of that are still traipsing on the mortal coil gave their time to discuss the film’s production and legacy.

Quote:
One of the most astounding things is that this truly exhaustive, nearly all-inclusive study of all things “Jaws” never wears out its welcome. The cut currently being shopped to Universal runs at a very healthy three hours and 14 minutes, making it the longest documentary ever devoted to “Jaws.”

3H 14M Posted Image Posted Image

Hard core Jaws fans have known about this film for a while now. They've locked the print and are trying to get Uni to put it out.

These dudes have put a ton of effort into this and I sure hopt I get to see it soon.

Bring it on! Posted Image

#2 of 47 OFFLINE   Bob_S.

Bob_S.

Supporting Actor

• 637 posts

Posted March 15 2007 - 02:28 PM

Brett, I've been waiting for this FOREVER. I hit jawsmovie.com every so often to see how the doc. is coming along. I don't know if you know this but the cabin that Speilberg & Co. occupied during the filming of Jaws was recently torn down. Seeing the pics of it getting demolished was pretty painful.

#3 of 47 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,335 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted March 15 2007 - 02:37 PM

I remember back in 1995 (or so) when the Jaws laserdisc set came out and I thought that a 2 hour documentary on a 2 hour movie was crazy. I'm happy that someone's getting crazier. Posted Image

#4 of 47 OFFLINE   Jake Gove

Jake Gove

Second Unit

• 326 posts

Posted April 16 2007 - 07:54 AM

A couple of reviews are now online of the 3 hour version of our doc.

http://www.dreadcent....ontent&id=1422

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32226
Jake

I am a producer of The Shark is Still Working: The Impact and Legacy of JAWS. Check it out here:
http://www.sharkisstillworking.com

#5 of 47 OFFLINE   Tino

Tino

Producer

• 5,625 posts
  • LocationMetro NYC

Posted April 16 2007 - 09:41 PM

Sounds great. Will it be in theaters or on dvd soon?

I would buy it in a flash!
It's gonna be a hell of a ride. I'm ready. .

#6 of 47 OFFLINE   Robert Saccone

Robert Saccone

Stunt Coordinator

• 67 posts

Posted April 21 2007 - 12:28 PM

This needs to be bundled into a special edition of Jaws on HD-DVD! Come on Universal and Spielberg wakeup!

#7 of 47 OFFLINE   Jake Gove

Jake Gove

Second Unit

• 326 posts

Posted July 07 2009 - 09:02 AM

Update- The Shark is Still Working has been making the festival rounds.  We are hoping for a summer 2010 release on DVD to coincide with the 35th anniversary of JAWS.  Universal is rumored to be holding back JAWS on blu-ray until the anniversary as well.

May 2-3 - Los Angeles, CA
June 12-13 - San Francisco, CA
July 18 - Denver, CO (tentative)
Aug 1 - Tulsa, OK
Sept 10-16 Chicago, IL
Oct 2-4 New York, NY
Nov 13-15 London, England

Jake

I am a producer of The Shark is Still Working: The Impact and Legacy of JAWS. Check it out here:

#8 of 47 OFFLINE   BrettB

BrettB

Producer

• 3,024 posts

Posted July 07 2009 - 09:13 AM

T-town, on my b-day no less. Oh my!

Hi Jake, any chance at all of a Blu release?

#9 of 47 OFFLINE   Robert Saccone

Robert Saccone

Stunt Coordinator

• 67 posts

Posted July 07 2009 - 02:49 PM

What is the occasion for the New York showing?  Can anyone attend?

#10 of 47 OFFLINE   Jake Gove

Jake Gove

Second Unit

• 326 posts

Posted July 08 2009 - 09:33 AM

They are film festival showings, so anyone can attend.  As far as blu-ray, that would be up to the distributor.   The actual date/time for NY has not been determined yet, but it will likely be 9:00 PM on Oct 2nd.  It will be part of the New York United Film Festival.   I am also working on getting a showing at Fantastic Fest in Austin, TX in September.

Last night we showed the trailer at Red Rocks in Colorado before a showing of JAWS.  There were 6000+ attendees and we got a great response to the trailer.   The result is that we are adding two more screenings in Denver on July 17 and July 19.

Jake

#11 of 47 OFFLINE   Jake Gove

Jake Gove

Second Unit

• 326 posts

Posted July 14 2009 - 09:43 AM

If anyone in Colorado wants to see The Shark is Still Working, it is playing July 17-19 at the Denver Starz FilmCenter, showtimes are 7:00 pm for the 17th and 18th and a matinee showing of 3:00 pm.  I will be doing and intro and Q&A at the 17th showing.

Info and tickets here:  www.denverfilm.org/filmcenter/detail.aspx

Jake

#12 of 47 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,335 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted July 14 2009 - 10:39 AM

If it gets to Philadelphia, I'd definitely check it out. If not, I'll be the first in line to buy the DVD next summer.

#13 of 47 OFFLINE   Bob_S.

Bob_S.

Supporting Actor

• 637 posts

Posted July 15 2009 - 01:45 PM

Same here. If it comes to Philly, I'm there and I'm buying the dvd on the first day. I've been waiting for this dvd for a very long time now.

#14 of 47 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,409 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted July 25 2009 - 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Gove 

If anyone in Colorado wants to see The Shark is Still Working, it is playing July 17-19 at the Denver Starz FilmCenter,
It sucks to live in Little Rock when you're hoping to see a film not in wide distribution.  Guess I'll be waiting for the DVD (hopefully a blu-ray).

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#15 of 47 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted July 16 2011 - 04:58 AM

Is there any chance The Shark Is Still Working will see the light of day on DVD/Blu-ray? Been wanting to see this for ages.

#16 of 47 OFFLINE   Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,747 posts

Posted July 16 2011 - 10:21 AM

Is there any chance The Shark Is Still Working will see the light of day on DVD/Blu-ray? Been wanting to see this for ages.

I would like to see it included on a special features disc for the upcoming JAWS blu release(providing Universal buys it to include). That would be the most logical choice! As a standalone release? I don't think it will ever be released. Unfortunate.

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

#17 of 47 OFFLINE   Stanton Heck

Stanton Heck

Agent

• 28 posts

Posted February 19 2012 - 02:50 PM

I want to see this DVD "The Shark is Still working".

#18 of 47 OFFLINE   NY2LA

NY2LA

Screenwriter

• 1,352 posts

Posted February 19 2012 - 03:10 PM

You and me both! If there was one. Ideally Yes I'd like to see it as a supplement to the movie - but it's not the only doc, did you see the Biography inside story special on it? They may have used some of the same footage, I don't know. But I did see this in LA and it's good.

#19 of 47 OFFLINE   Kevin M

Kevin M

Producer

• 5,172 posts

Posted February 21 2012 - 05:39 AM

Wow....why on earth is this not on DVD? Blu-ray....whatever. I would LOVE to see this!
-Kevin M.

There's a human tendency to resent anyone who disagrees with our pleasures.  The less mature interpret that as a personal attack on themselves.
- Roger Ebert

#20 of 47 OFFLINE   Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,747 posts

Posted February 21 2012 - 07:24 AM

Wow....why on earth is this not on DVD? Blu-ray....whatever. I would LOVE to see this!

I'm still crossing my fingers that Universal will aquire this, and release it(with other special features)on the upcoming Blu-ray release.

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow