Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Shark Is Still Working (Jaws doc.)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 of 47 OFFLINE   BrettB

BrettB

Producer

• 3,024 posts

Posted March 15 2007 - 08:31 AM

Article at spielbergfilms . com

[quote]

One of the most astounding things is that this truly exhaustive, nearly all-inclusive study of all things “Jaws” never wears out its welcome. The cut currently being shopped to Universal runs at a very healthy three hours and 14 minutes, making it the longest documentary ever devoted to “Jaws.”

[quote]

3H 14M Posted Image Posted Image

Hard core Jaws fans have known about this film for a while now. They've locked the print and are trying to get Uni to put it out.

These dudes have put a ton of effort into this and I sure hopt I get to see it soon.

Bring it on! Posted Image

#2 of 47 OFFLINE   Bob_S.

Bob_S.

Supporting Actor

• 700 posts

Posted March 15 2007 - 06:28 PM

Brett, I've been waiting for this FOREVER. I hit jawsmovie.com every so often to see how the doc. is coming along. I don't know if you know this but the cabin that Speilberg & Co. occupied during the filming of Jaws was recently torn down. Seeing the pics of it getting demolished was pretty painful.

#3 of 47 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,434 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted March 15 2007 - 06:37 PM

I remember back in 1995 (or so) when the Jaws laserdisc set came out and I thought that a 2 hour documentary on a 2 hour movie was crazy. I'm happy that someone's getting crazier. Posted Image

#4 of 47 OFFLINE   Jake Gove

Jake Gove

Second Unit

• 326 posts

Posted April 16 2007 - 11:54 AM

A couple of reviews are now online of the 3 hour version of our doc.

http://www.dreadcent....ontent&id=1422

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32226
Jake

I am a producer of The Shark is Still Working: The Impact and Legacy of JAWS. Check it out here:
http://www.sharkisstillworking.com

#5 of 47 OFFLINE   Tino

Tino

Producer

• 6,264 posts
  • LocationMetro NYC

Posted April 17 2007 - 01:41 AM

Sounds great. Will it be in theaters or on dvd soon? I would buy it in a flash!
It's gonna be a hell of a ride. I'm ready. .

#6 of 47 OFFLINE   Robert Saccone

Robert Saccone

Stunt Coordinator

• 67 posts

Posted April 21 2007 - 04:28 PM

This needs to be bundled into a special edition of Jaws on HD-DVD! Come on Universal and Spielberg wakeup!

#7 of 47 OFFLINE   Jake Gove

Jake Gove

Second Unit

• 326 posts

Posted July 07 2009 - 01:02 PM

Update- The Shark is Still Working has been making the festival rounds.  We are hoping for a summer 2010 release on DVD to coincide with the 35th anniversary of JAWS.  Universal is rumored to be holding back JAWS on blu-ray until the anniversary as well.

May 2-3 - Los Angeles, CA
June 12-13 - San Francisco, CA
July 18 - Denver, CO (tentative)
Aug 1 - Tulsa, OK
Sept 10-16 Chicago, IL
Oct 2-4 New York, NY
Nov 13-15 London, England

Jake

I am a producer of The Shark is Still Working: The Impact and Legacy of JAWS. Check it out here:

#8 of 47 OFFLINE   BrettB

BrettB

Producer

• 3,024 posts

Posted July 07 2009 - 01:13 PM

T-town, on my b-day no less. Oh my!

Hi Jake, any chance at all of a Blu release?

#9 of 47 OFFLINE   Robert Saccone

Robert Saccone

Stunt Coordinator

• 67 posts

Posted July 07 2009 - 06:49 PM

What is the occasion for the New York showing?  Can anyone attend?

#10 of 47 OFFLINE   Jake Gove

Jake Gove

Second Unit

• 326 posts

Posted July 08 2009 - 01:33 PM

They are film festival showings, so anyone can attend.  As far as blu-ray, that would be up to the distributor.   The actual date/time for NY has not been determined yet, but it will likely be 9:00 PM on Oct 2nd.  It will be part of the New York United Film Festival.   I am also working on getting a showing at Fantastic Fest in Austin, TX in September.

Last night we showed the trailer at Red Rocks in Colorado before a showing of JAWS.  There were 6000+ attendees and we got a great response to the trailer.   The result is that we are adding two more screenings in Denver on July 17 and July 19.

Jake

#11 of 47 OFFLINE   Jake Gove

Jake Gove

Second Unit

• 326 posts

Posted July 14 2009 - 01:43 PM

If anyone in Colorado wants to see The Shark is Still Working, it is playing July 17-19 at the Denver Starz FilmCenter, showtimes are 7:00 pm for the 17th and 18th and a matinee showing of 3:00 pm.  I will be doing and intro and Q&A at the 17th showing.

Info and tickets here:  www.denverfilm.org/filmcenter/detail.aspx
Jake

#12 of 47 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,434 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted July 14 2009 - 02:39 PM

If it gets to Philadelphia, I'd definitely check it out. If not, I'll be the first in line to buy the DVD next summer.

#13 of 47 OFFLINE   Bob_S.

Bob_S.

Supporting Actor

• 700 posts

Posted July 15 2009 - 05:45 PM

Same here. If it comes to Philly, I'm there and I'm buying the dvd on the first day. I've been waiting for this dvd for a very long time now.

#14 of 47 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,588 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted July 25 2009 - 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Jake Gove /forum/thread/253757/the-shark-is-still-working-jaws-doc#post_3584353 If anyone in Colorado wants to see The Shark is Still Working, it is playing July 17-19 at the Denver Starz FilmCenter,
It sucks to live in Little Rock when you're hoping to see a film not in wide distribution.  Guess I'll be waiting for the DVD (hopefully a blu-ray).
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#15 of 47 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,168 posts

Posted July 16 2011 - 08:58 AM

Is there any chance The Shark Is Still Working will see the light of day on DVD/Blu-ray? Been wanting to see this for ages.

#16 of 47 OFFLINE   Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Producer

• 3,053 posts

Posted July 16 2011 - 02:21 PM

Is there any chance The Shark Is Still Working will see the light of day on DVD/Blu-ray? Been wanting to see this for ages.
I would like to see it included on a special features disc for the upcoming JAWS blu release(providing Universal buys it to include). That would be the most logical choice! As a standalone release? I don't think it will ever be released. Unfortunate.

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

#17 of 47 OFFLINE   Stanton Heck

Stanton Heck

Agent

• 32 posts

Posted February 19 2012 - 07:50 PM

I want to see this DVD "The Shark is Still working".

#18 of 47 OFFLINE   NY2LA

NY2LA

Screenwriter

• 1,352 posts

Posted February 19 2012 - 08:10 PM

You and me both! If there was one. Ideally Yes I'd like to see it as a supplement to the movie - but it's not the only doc, did you see the Biography inside story special on it? They may have used some of the same footage, I don't know. But I did see this in LA and it's good.

#19 of 47 OFFLINE   Kevin M

Kevin M

Producer

• 5,172 posts

Posted February 21 2012 - 10:39 AM

Wow....why on earth is this not on DVD? Blu-ray....whatever. I would LOVE to see this!
-Kevin M.

There's a human tendency to resent anyone who disagrees with our pleasures.  The less mature interpret that as a personal attack on themselves.
- Roger Ebert

#20 of 47 OFFLINE   Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Producer

• 3,053 posts

Posted February 21 2012 - 12:24 PM

Wow....why on earth is this not on DVD? Blu-ray....whatever. I would LOVE to see this!
I'm still crossing my fingers that Universal will aquire this, and release it(with other special features)on the upcoming Blu-ray release.

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users