What's new

Batman Begins for Blu-Ray? (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I don't own either format. But, I am curious why Batman Begins is not out for Blu-Ray? I know its available for HD-DVD and is a Warner release. A studio who is supporting both formats.

Thanks!

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
From what everyone has said, Warner wants to be able to provide the same type of IME content on the BD as they do on the HD DVD, which means BD-J must be finalized.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
This along with the rest of their HD-DVD exclusive titles are coming to Blu-Ray this year according to Warner.

I'm also chomping at the bit waiting for it (among others).

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I'll be all over this title on Blu Ray
Batman Begins is probably my favorite superhero movie since X-men 2.
Can't wait for The Dark Knight... Now if they'll just make an X-men 3.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
This is one of the very few titles that I'm going to double dip if it comes out on BD.

ToEhrIsHuman

Second Unit
Real Name
Craig Ehr

Are you just unaware of the title 'X-Men: The Last Stand' aka 'X3' which is currently out on BD, or is your statement a commentary on the quality of this film? :)

Wet1

Grip
Real Name
Scott
I agree! BB and maybe "V" are about the only two I can think of off the top of my head that I really want from the HD-DVD exclusive titles available.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member

I am unaware of any such film existing. You must be confused. Singer is going to make it after he comes back from the Superman side project thing.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Is that "For Vendetta"?

Love that film and would be all over the Blu Ray.

Can't wait for Children of Men on Blu Ray too.

Rob Young

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob
Umm yeeeeeah...there is a x-men 3 John. It does IMO suck though compared to xmen 1 & 2.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member

Completely fabricated. You know IMDB and all their crazy antics.
It's not even April Fools Day... they must have set this one up early.

Shawn Perron

Supporting Actor
I'm with John on this one, that last movie didn't actually exist. My groaning and laughing throughout the entire movie must have been a feverish nightmare.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
If Batman Begins comes out with DTS-HD Master Audio I will pick it up on Blu-ray. Just because I want to do a side by side audio/video comparisons between HD-DVD and Blu-ray. ;) Hell why rebuy Batman Begins in Dolby True HD on Blu-ray, I allready own it with DTHD on HD-DVD. :cool:

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
Honest...I'm not trying to stir the pot or start a flame session. I'd really like to know. WHY was BD-J stillborn? Isn't that part of the product development phase...the part you accomplish BEFORE product roll-out? Sony is peopled with fine, bright boys and girls. None of the particulars should have been a great mystery as this product was readied for market. If BD-J wasn't workable, then, aren't there other interactive, multi-media approaches?

I have been a solid supporter of HD-DVD for about nine months. I had nothing against BD, in principal, and still don't. My decision was reached after seeing the reasonable cost factor, weighing a couple of "ifs", then tossing in a little impulse.

When early news was bandied about, regarding high-def video, before either came to market, I was assuming that I would favor BD, based on product features I had heard about through various channels. My decision to go with HD, came about in large part, because of Sony's early stumbling and technical issues...that's all...and, price of course. Now here we are, so many more months down the road, and BD-J is still an issue.

It seemed to me that BD didn't DESERVE to be the reigning high-def format.

Now it seems that HD might end up losing the war due to lack of a marketing department and failure of political will.

Maybe I'm simple minded, but I just don't get it...either one of them. I look forward to several years from now, when perhaps we'll have a detailed history of what went down, what didn't, and why.

Alistair_M

Second Unit
I don't know why warner doesn't do the same 'in movie experience' that the descent has on bluray - basically is a re-encoded movie with all the 'inmovie stuff on it' so its all one movie - no bdjava needed.

There's plenty of space - 20 gigs on a bd50 is ready for the inmovie experience version!

Have a look at this review for how lionsgate did the 'in-movie experience' - look at the section hd-bonus content...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/descent.html

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks