What's new

Just Max Headroom to go... (1 Viewer)

bikemadness

Auditioning
Real Name
Vance
I have copies of all my favourite tv shows on dvd, all that is, except Max Headroom (US version) and now it looks like it will never happen. When dvd happened, my first thought was for tv shows because here was a format which could transfer quickly hours and hours of media. Great! I couldn't wait until they got around to Max Headroom. Oh, well. Even though it looks like nearly every show is on dvd, there can't be too many more - Max included. TV shows must now go straight to dvd as soon as the season is over.

bikemadness

Auditioning
Real Name
Vance
Oh, and by the way, I am new to this site. I'm from NZ and I make a living from repairing loudspeakers - drivers and cabinets, sent from all over the country - from all makes and models from around the world.

Bruce F

Agent
Real Name
Bruce
Welcome, Bikemadness...

Your disappointment in the lack of Max Headroom is shared by many of us.

Bruce

bikemadness

Auditioning
Real Name
Vance
14 episodes (2 seasons). I happened to record the show - back in 1988, the only time it was shown on tv and the tapes were getting a bit worn. Thankfully, recordable dvd came along.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I think there were about 14 episodes. Easily releaseable in one set. I would love to see it and haven't given up hope yet.

Funny thing is, a lot of what the show predicted about the future of TV has come to pass.

Welcome to the forum BikeMadness!

EDIT: Oops BM beat to to the episode count!

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Only nobody has exploded from a blipvert yet. ;)
It was interesting how many people thought Max was totally a CGI creation back then. If they ever bring Max back, Matt Frewer probably won't have to wear the makeup anymore!

bikemadness

Auditioning
Real Name
Vance
I change the channel when the ads come on. I would explode if I sat through them. Funny how the shows ideas have come to fruition - even the 'grow your own babies'.

Eric F

Screenwriter
I vaguely remember this show from when I was in my early teens.

Why does the subject of "scrotum" come up when I think of this show?

bikemadness

Auditioning
Real Name
Vance
Here's a thought. Taxation and legisation is rife nowadays. The 24 hour tv and being illegal to turn off on Max idea seemed comical. It now seems a scary thought with the governments of today.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
I was particularly stricken with what's come to pass in the area of broadcast news. Max Headroom had an episode about news exclusives becoming a commodity. While we haven't (as far as I know) come to a situation where someone would give a news organization an exclusive on a terrorist act, it doesn't seem so unbelievable.

And who would argue that we're not too far off from the idea of yanking a program while it's on the air just because the instant ratings are showing a drop!

Kevin Fox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kevin

Yes, count me among the throng. I only require Max and one other show on DVD to make me a happy man: Cupid, one of Jeremy Piven's finest hours.

John Carr

Stunt Coordinator
Max was one of my favorite SF shows, too. Count me in for the DVD.

This is such a cult favorite, I'm still surprised it hasn't come out...

John

While I would buy even the barest bones set in a heartbeat, it would be even sweeter with some commentaries on how so much of the show has actually come to pass. :)

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
I read somewhere that there are "rights issues" preventing the release of Max Headroom.Does anybody know the particulars of what those "rights issues" may be?

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Hey, me too! My two TV on DVD Holy Grails... Well, actually, now that I think about it, there's one more - MTV's short-lived animated series "Downtown".

Robbie^Blackmon

Second Unit
Personally, I want the Max Headroom shows-- The Cinemax shows and the Showtime ones, as well! Not to mention Max Headroom's Giant Christmas Turkey. Now, those, I am certain, would be more impossible to get hold of than an elephant's ear on a bun, considering all the music and guests and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks