Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Just Max Headroom to go...

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 of 24 OFFLINE   bikemadness

bikemadness

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted March 12 2007 - 07:03 PM

I have copies of all my favourite tv shows on dvd, all that is, except Max Headroom (US version) and now it looks like it will never happen. When dvd happened, my first thought was for tv shows because here was a format which could transfer quickly hours and hours of media. Great! I couldn't wait until they got around to Max Headroom. Oh, well. Even though it looks like nearly every show is on dvd, there can't be too many more - Max included. TV shows must now go straight to dvd as soon as the season is over.

#2 of 24 OFFLINE   bikemadness

bikemadness

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted March 12 2007 - 08:46 PM

Oh, and by the way, I am new to this site. I'm from NZ and I make a living from repairing loudspeakers - drivers and cabinets, sent from all over the country - from all makes and models from around the world.

#3 of 24 OFFLINE   Bruce F

Bruce F

Agent

• 45 posts

Posted March 13 2007 - 04:37 AM

Welcome, Bikemadness... Your disappointment in the lack of Max Headroom is shared by many of us. Bruce
Bruce

#4 of 24 OFFLINE   Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,307 posts

Posted March 13 2007 - 06:02 AM

How many episodes of Max was there I did'nt think it was a whole lot
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#5 of 24 OFFLINE   bikemadness

bikemadness

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted March 13 2007 - 07:14 AM

14 episodes (2 seasons). I happened to record the show - back in 1988, the only time it was shown on tv and the tapes were getting a bit worn. Thankfully, recordable dvd came along.

#6 of 24 OFFLINE   Ric Easton

Ric Easton

Screenwriter

• 2,814 posts

Posted March 13 2007 - 07:17 AM

I think there were about 14 episodes. Easily releaseable in one set. I would love to see it and haven't given up hope yet. Funny thing is, a lot of what the show predicted about the future of TV has come to pass. Welcome to the forum BikeMadness! EDIT: Oops BM beat to to the episode count!

#7 of 24 OFFLINE   SilverWook

SilverWook

Screenwriter

• 1,748 posts

Posted March 13 2007 - 07:44 AM

Only nobody has exploded from a blipvert yet. Posted Image
It was interesting how many people thought Max was totally a CGI creation back then. If they ever bring Max back, Matt Frewer probably won't have to wear the makeup anymore!

#8 of 24 OFFLINE   bikemadness

bikemadness

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted March 13 2007 - 11:34 AM

I change the channel when the ads come on. I would explode if I sat through them. Funny how the shows ideas have come to fruition - even the 'grow your own babies'.

#9 of 24 OFFLINE   Eric F

Eric F

Screenwriter

• 1,810 posts

Posted March 13 2007 - 01:05 PM

I vaguely remember this show from when I was in my early teens. Why does the subject of "scrotum" come up when I think of this show?

#10 of 24 OFFLINE   Robbie^Blackmon

Robbie^Blackmon

Stunt Coordinator

• 92 posts

Posted March 13 2007 - 01:35 PM

All I remember, now, is Trojan Sheep... Baa--aa--aa!
"A jerk with a quirk may do the work. Or,
a turk with a dirk may stick a clerk!"
-Shemp Howard in "Blunder Boys"

#11 of 24 OFFLINE   bikemadness

bikemadness

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted March 13 2007 - 02:16 PM

Here's a thought. Taxation and legisation is rife nowadays. The 24 hour tv and being illegal to turn off on Max idea seemed comical. It now seems a scary thought with the governments of today.

#12 of 24 OFFLINE   Dan Lindley

Dan Lindley

Second Unit

• 396 posts

Posted March 15 2007 - 04:22 PM

Count me for an instant purchase of Max Headroom, if it ever comes out! Great show!!!!
Heck, I reckon you wouldn't even be human beings if you didn't have some pretty strong personal feelings about nuclear combat.

#13 of 24 OFFLINE   Derek Miner

Derek Miner

Screenwriter

• 1,668 posts

Posted March 17 2007 - 02:19 PM

I was particularly stricken with what's come to pass in the area of broadcast news. Max Headroom had an episode about news exclusives becoming a commodity. While we haven't (as far as I know) come to a situation where someone would give a news organization an exclusive on a terrorist act, it doesn't seem so unbelievable. And who would argue that we're not too far off from the idea of yanking a program while it's on the air just because the instant ratings are showing a drop!
= Derek Miner =
Co-founder, Sunscreen Film Festival

#14 of 24 OFFLINE   Kevin Fox

Kevin Fox

Stunt Coordinator

• 79 posts

Posted December 20 2007 - 11:22 AM

Yes, count me among the throng. I only require Max and one other show on DVD to make me a happy man: Cupid, one of Jeremy Piven's finest hours.
"I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said: 'I drank what?!'"

Roykirk's DVD Collection

#15 of 24 OFFLINE   John Carr

John Carr

Stunt Coordinator

• 182 posts

Posted December 21 2007 - 03:29 AM

Max was one of my favorite SF shows, too. Count me in for the DVD. This is such a cult favorite, I'm still surprised it hasn't come out... John

#16 of 24 OFFLINE   Aaron Giles

Aaron Giles

Extra

• 21 posts

Posted December 21 2007 - 09:06 AM

While I would buy even the barest bones set in a heartbeat, it would be even sweeter with some commentaries on how so much of the show has actually come to pass. Posted Image

#17 of 24 OFFLINE   Stephen Wight

Stephen Wight

Second Unit

• 483 posts

Posted December 21 2007 - 10:06 AM

I read somewhere that there are "rights issues" preventing the release of Max Headroom.Does anybody know the particulars of what those "rights issues" may be?

#18 of 24 OFFLINE   Derek Miner

Derek Miner

Screenwriter

• 1,668 posts

Posted December 26 2007 - 06:43 PM

Hey, me too! My two TV on DVD Holy Grails... Well, actually, now that I think about it, there's one more - MTV's short-lived animated series "Downtown".
= Derek Miner =
Co-founder, Sunscreen Film Festival

#19 of 24 OFFLINE   Robbie^Blackmon

Robbie^Blackmon

Stunt Coordinator

• 92 posts

Posted December 26 2007 - 08:48 PM

Personally, I want the Max Headroom shows-- The Cinemax shows and the Showtime ones, as well! Not to mention Max Headroom's Giant Christmas Turkey. Now, those, I am certain, would be more impossible to get hold of than an elephant's ear on a bun, considering all the music and guests and such.
"A jerk with a quirk may do the work. Or,
a turk with a dirk may stick a clerk!"
-Shemp Howard in "Blunder Boys"

#20 of 24 OFFLINE   Scott Kriefall

Scott Kriefall

Second Unit

• 332 posts
  • LocationSLC, Utah

Posted December 27 2007 - 07:39 AM

I'd very much like to purchase this series on DVD, HD-DVD, or any reasonably modern format. Oh, and Time Trax too, please... Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users