What's new

THE REAL McCOYS - CC Season sets? (1 Viewer)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Last year we had some discussion and an insider (can't remember who) told us that season sets of "The Real McCoys" were definitely on the way, courtesy of Critics Choice Video. Anyone have an update on this? Seems kinda quite at this point.

Gary "I am looking forward to this release if it pans out" O.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
My mum was just asking about this show. I looked at ccv's website and they have are two releases called volume 1 & 2 and Volumes 3 & 4 with 5 episodes each for 12.71 from 6 0r 7 years ago. I want something better.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
SFM Entertainment has the distribution rights to the show, but a check at their web site shows only two 4-episode releases from Rhino.

http://www.sfment.com/dev/programs/grid/

Maybe this was a deal that was supposed to happen and didn't or, perhaps, it's still in the works. Judging from their TV-on-DVD releases, if "The Real McCoys" does get a season release, it would likely be done through an independent. Looks like Questar, Rhino and S'more Entertainment have all released SFM properties.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Well, for some reason I thought somebody with "inside" connections had linked this show with CC, for a full season set release. But maybe my mind is playing tricks on me.

Gary "it's tough remembering things once you hit 40 - and as of yesterday I'm now 42" O.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I would prefer S'more to handle this. If anybody from there is reading this, please give it a go.

Bert Greene

Screenwriter
Although we haven't had any news, I'm still reasonably confident this is coming down the pike. We usually don't hear about CC releases until they're right on top of us, as I recall. Looks like they've just polished off "Sgt. Preston" (with the 3rd-season, which I have yet to order), and only one more season left for "Jim Bowie." So, their plate is just about ready for a new addition. I really like "Real McCoys," which I've always viewed as something of a precursor to the "Andy Griffith Show" style of sitcom. I hope the whole series manages to come out (even though that final season is terribly, terribly disconcerting due to the absence of Kate).

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
THE REAL McCOYS: Complete Season 1 has a release date of May 22,2007, and is up for preorder at deepdiscount.com ($24.19) and Critic's Choice($31.98). The first season had 39 episodes and is on 5 DVDs. McCoys lasted six seasons on ABC, from 1957-1963 and had 224 episodes and a TV reunion special in 2000.

The show starred Walter Brennan, Richard Crenna and Kathy Nolan. In reading about the show, which I am sure I have not seen since 1963, I had forgotten that Andy Clyde (one of Hopalong Cassidy's side-kicks and a famous early movie comedian) and Madge Blake (Aunt Harriet in Batman ) were also featured.

According to videobusiness.com the McCoy DVD set is being published by Falcon Picture Group through Infinity Entertainment, which is the new retail division of Infinity Resources the company that owns or is part of the Critic's Choice/DeepDiscount operation.

videobusiness is also showing SUSPENSE: The Lost Episodes Collection, Vol.1, for May 22, 2007 also coming from Infinity Entertainment. SUSPENSE is a show I don't remember at all. CBS, 1949-1954 performed live and revived with new filmed episodes in 1964. So I guess this set is the 1964 series?? or were the live performances filmed??

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Thanks for that heads up, Bob! Great catch, not only on the "McCoys" series, but the "Suspense" one as well. It will be the original 50's series with Boris Karloff in a recurring role. Deep Discount has it up for the same price as the "McCoys" set.

Gary "and Bert was spot on with his comments about CC releases not being advertised until they were right on top of us" O.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Thanks,Gary, I could not find SUSPENSE at deepdiscount or ccvideo, when I looked earlier. I actually was looking for info on THE ESSENTIAL OZZIE & HARRIET at videobusiness.com (didn't find any), when I stumbled across the McCoys and SUSPENSE release dates.

John Morgan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
This is great news. I have the earlier 2 DVD sets. Strangely, the opening episode was full length at around 26 minutes, but I think all the others were syndication edits and were closer to 22 minutes. I hope this new set restores the complete episodes. Checking the listed running time on this set, it appears the episodes are all 26 minutes long, which means full length.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

Bob, at least some of the original, live SUSPENSE series was recorded via kinescopes, as a couple of episodes have surfaced on miscellaneous classic TV collections from both the Timeless Media Group on this collection:

http://www.timelessmusic.com/dvds/classictelevision.htm

and the Falcon Picture Group on this one:

http://www.amazon.com/1950s-TVs-Grea...6562208&sr=1-1

So, yes, I'm not surprised that the original series is recieving the release . . . good find!

Incidentally, I could'nt find anything whatsoever on the web about THE ESSENTIAL OZZIE & HARRIET COLLECTION, but I have it so if you have any questions about it, fire away . . .

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Thanks, Bob Hug, I'll ask you my Essential Ozzie question on the Mill Creek Ozzie and Harriet thread.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
tvshowsondvd confirms the McCoys release today. They actually mentioned the McCoy's release back in Feb., in passing, at the end of another article about Infinity's involvement with Mojo,whatever that is. I guess we missed that.

amazon.com is showing this with the May 22nd release, but deepdiscount and Critic's Choice are now showing THE REAL McCOYS and SUSPENSE with a new release date of July 24th.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
DDD hasn't shipped my order yet. Anyone else receive their copy? If so, how does it look?

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

I believe this set has been pushed back to July 24th as a release date. Bummer, I know.

Gary "I was looking forward to having my set by now too - but we'll have to wait a while longer" O.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
DeepDiscount is showing a pre-order price for "The Real McCoys" and "Suspense" at just $19.98 shipped, about eight bucks less than Amazon.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
I found this news release about the upcoming season 1 release of "The Real McCoys" here:

http://einsiders.com/reviews/dvd_new...t_from=&ucat=&

What's interesting about this release is the statement "And look for five more seasons of The Real McCoys coming to DVD soon!" While it's never a guarantee that all seasons will be released, it is nice to know that at least the intent is there. I'm looking for more great classic/vintage TV-on-DVD releases from Infinity Entertainment, though they don't seem to have a web site presently.

Bert Greene

Screenwriter
Uh-oh. My set just arrived. Might be some problems here. First episode runs nearly 26 minutes, but the others I checked on are barely over 22. Time-compression?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks