Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Legend of Zelda a Link to the Past help needed :)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Chris

Chris

Lead Actor

• 6,790 posts

Posted March 11 2007 - 03:38 PM

Ok, this has to go back a ways. My kids have been spending plenty of time playing Legend of Zelda, but they've managed to do something I don't know how to get out of.

They've made it through the overworld and are on their first quest in the darkworld. So, the first thing they do is use the mirror, return to the light world, climb up the mountain again, and take the portal on the ground.

Now, they seem to be screwed. In the dark world, I can't figure out how to get down the mountain to resume the quest. In the light world, sure they can get down the mountain, but I can't find another portal anywhere that will send them back to the dark world to allow them to resume the game.

Are they screwed or is there a way to do this?

Thanks!
My Current DVD-Profiler

"I've been Ostrafied!" - Christopher, Sopranos 5/6/07

#2 of 5 Chris

Chris

Lead Actor

• 6,790 posts

Posted March 11 2007 - 04:33 PM

Never mind, I'm an idiot and remembered where the warp points were at.
My Current DVD-Profiler

#3 of 5 James T

James T

Screenwriter

• 1,643 posts

Posted March 13 2007 - 04:07 PM

As far as I know, there hasn't been a Zelda game created that screws you over b/c you made a mistake (I'm talking quest wise as I know about the bug in Twilight Princess).

#4 of 5 Phil_O

Phil_O

Stunt Coordinator

• 135 posts

Posted March 17 2007 - 08:44 AM

www.gamefaqs.com

That's what I always use when I'm stumped in a game.
Denon 3805 | Paradigm Monitor 5's front, CC370, ADP150 rear | Mirage BPS400 sub (the "Legend" I call it! - going strong since 1998!) | Toshiba SD DVD player | Tons of DVDs/CDs! | Nad c541i CDP | Main computer has 1080p 24" monitor, Logitech 5.1 system

#5 of 5 Chris

Chris

Lead Actor

• 6,790 posts

Posted March 17 2007 - 08:52 AM

Yep, we found it, we're getting pretty far along now. My kids eat this up. Of all the Wii games we have (Elebits, Wario, Sonic, Wii Sports, Play, Monkeyball, Trauma Center, etc.) this is the game they love. We play this all the freaking time.

It's like comfort food for me, this is the game I grew up with. I understand other Zelda games are considered "better" but this is the one that just reminds me of high school/etc. It's like comfort food Posted Image

We're having a blast.
My Current DVD-Profiler