Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

BiAmping Question

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 Dan Keefe

Dan Keefe

Second Unit

• 408 posts

Posted March 11 2007 - 10:26 AM

I am trying to run a 7.1 setup with the Axiom M80s, QS8s and teh V150.

I am going to purchase a Yamaha RX V2700. My current Sony STR DA1Q00ES is not powerful enough to drive the M80s. However I was thinking I could use it as a bi amp? Thoughts?? Concerns??

#2 of 2 Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor

• 926 posts

Posted March 12 2007 - 04:17 AM

I know the Yamaha has pre-outs, but does the Sony have pre-inputs? Very few receiver have pre-ins and without them bi-amping really can't be done, at least not properly. The Yamaha would need to have pre-ins, also.

I'm not familiar with the M80s, do they have separate crossovers or will you need an external x-over? Although you really should use an external x-over regardless of the speaker. It's just a question of whether you need to remove the internal x-over.
Dan

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users