Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

PS3 Motorstorm

PlayStation

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 CRyan

CRyan

Screenwriter

• 1,244 posts

Posted March 09 2007 - 09:09 AM

Anyone here have this yet? It has to be the best racing game I have ever played. For reference, I dont care for simulator style games much - So this arcade style racer is perfect for me. But anyway, it is well worth the money imo. The graphics are outstanding, the AI is cool, and the effects are fun to watch in addition to jsut being a blast to drive!

#2 of 6 CRyan

CRyan

Screenwriter

• 1,244 posts

Posted March 09 2007 - 09:18 AM

Oh and I forgot to mention the sixaxis steering is very cool. I honestly thought that this would be a novelty worthless addition for the PS3. Never knew that it would work this well! Controlling your trajectory midair is super fun.

#3 of 6 Fredster

Fredster

Stunt Coordinator

• 117 posts

Posted March 09 2007 - 10:06 PM

Been playing Motorstorm for a few days. It is great fun. I've been using the motion controls exclusively. The racing is getting a little tougher now but I'm going to try to stay with these controls.

This is a great game to watch someone else play as you don't really get to enjoy all of the graphical goodness while locked in a race. Only tried a couple of online races. Got to get to know the tracks a little better.

#4 of 6 John Garcia

John Garcia

Executive Producer

• 11,516 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted March 12 2007 - 04:37 AM

I pulled down the demo and loved this game. It isn't so much a simulator as it is just a fun racing game. I will be buying this one for sure.
HT: Emotiva UMC-200, Emotiva XPA-3, Carnegie Acoustics CSB-1s + CSC-1, GR Research A/V-1s, Epik Empire, Oppo BDP-105, PS4, PS3,URC R-50, APC-H10, Panamax 5100 Bluejeans Cable
System Two: Marantz PM7200, Pioneer FS52s, Panasonic BD79
(stolen) : Marantz SR-8300, GR Research A/V-2s, Sony SCD-222ES SACD, Panasonic BD-65, PS3 60G (250G)

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

#5 of 6 Alex Prosak

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor

• 765 posts

Posted March 12 2007 - 09:12 AM

I picked it up on Thursday but didn't get a chance to play until yesterday. It completely consumed my day! This is definitely the best arcade style racing game I've played. Two thumbs way up!

#6 of 6 Hooligan

Hooligan

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted March 13 2007 - 04:31 PM

I agree -this game is so much fun! I catch myself just setting the controller down after a race to watch the computer race a bit, and enjoy the scenery.

I watched an interview with the developers today and they said Motorstorm just scratches the surface of what's possible with the PS3. Good times ahead indeed.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PlayStation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users