Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Stiletto Remote useless in Car??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Michael TLV

Michael TLV

Screenwriter

• 2,909 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted March 09 2007 - 01:16 AM

Greetings

I picked up the unit about 3 weeks ago and had some great hands on time while I was calibrating in Toronto and Ottawa the past couple of weeks.

I had the unit set up on its cradle in the car and the remote control was pretty much useless as one button press somehow was received as 100 presses. Unusable in the car. I had to manually select stations.

So wondering if there was a defect of some sort, I get the unit set up in the motel room and (like at home originally) it worked fine again. No misreading ... nothing. Put it back in the car the next day ... same repeat of commands problem.

Comments?

Thanks
Michael @ The Laser Video Experience
THX Video Systems Instructor/ISF Instructor
Lion A/V Consultants Network - TLVEXP.com

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Christo Ramo

Christo Ramo

Stunt Coordinator

• 152 posts

Posted March 25 2007 - 09:47 AM

I have the Stilleto too, the remote is a little of a pain to use. You really have to "press" the button to get it to register. One thing I can't believe that there isn't a channel up or down button. There is a way to make presets but you still have to press too many keys. It just doens;t make sense.