What's new

Can you Paint Formica Kitchen Cabinets ? (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Yes, it can be done. I have a can of this stuff on hand for eventual use on my kitchen countertops, assuming my endless condo rennovation ever gets to that stage, but haven't seen it installed.

There are also several other alternatives. I also considered Daitch coatings products like Spread Rock for my countertop project, but there are no local dealers and it was too pricey to blind-buy via mail order. I wanted to see the stuff before using it. Cabinet Rescue is relatively cheap, and I'm going to test it on an old, broken laminate coffee table before tackling the kitchen counter.

This article is also about countertops, but it probably applies to cabinets as well.

Regards,

Joe

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Oh Great, thanks for the link.. Once I'm done with my bathroom and hallway renovations, The kitchen is next!!! One thing I want to do is replace the PINK countertop.... maybe I can just paint it a less obsene color.

Obviously, the wife did the interior decoration of my house that I bought. :D

Jay

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
My previous house had pink trim tile in the tub/shower. I ended up painting the room in an off-orange earth tone which tricked the eye into not seeing the pink trim tile. Camoflage may be your friend.

Users who are viewing this thread