Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Can you Paint Formica Kitchen Cabinets ?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Derek K.

Derek K.

Stunt Coordinator

• 66 posts

Posted March 06 2007 - 02:38 PM

And will it look any good?

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,306 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted March 06 2007 - 03:19 PM

Yes, it can be done. I have a can of this stuff on hand for eventual use on my kitchen countertops, assuming my endless condo rennovation ever gets to that stage, but haven't seen it installed.

There are also several other alternatives. I also considered Daitch coatings products like Spread Rock for my countertop project, but there are no local dealers and it was too pricey to blind-buy via mail order. I wanted to see the stuff before using it. Cabinet Rescue is relatively cheap, and I'm going to test it on an old, broken laminate coffee table before tackling the kitchen counter.

This article is also about countertops, but it probably applies to cabinets as well.

Regards,

Joe

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Jay H

Jay H

Producer

• 5,674 posts
  • LocationPittsfield, MA

Posted March 06 2007 - 11:56 PM

Oh Great, thanks for the link.. Once I'm done with my bathroom and hallway renovations, The kitchen is next!!! One thing I want to do is replace the PINK countertop.... maybe I can just paint it a less obsene color.

Obviously, the wife did the interior decoration of my house that I bought. Posted Image

Jay
You are the crispy noodle in the vegetarian salad of life

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls

Lead Actor

• 7,902 posts
  • LocationBoise, ID

Posted March 07 2007 - 04:30 AM

My previous house had pink trim tile in the tub/shower. I ended up painting the room in an off-orange earth tone which tricked the eye into not seeing the pink trim tile. Camoflage may be your friend.
Feline videophiles Condoleezza and Dukie.