What's new

The Gallant Hours and Iron Curtain (1 Viewer)

Dale_Naeseth

Auditioning
Real Name
Dale Naeseth
One of my favorite Cagney Films is THE GALLANT HOURS which was produced by Cagney/Montgomery Productions. Does anybody know who owns rights to that Film and if there are any plans to issue it on DVD. There was a VHS release by UA but no DVD.

Also: Iron Curtain, Strategic Air Command.

Charles H

Screenwriter
Nada for STRATEGIC AIR COMMAND. Paramount does not do classic movie, even though you've got Jimmy Stewart, June Allyson, and Anthony Mann, and it was huge at the Box Office. Sony owns THE GALLANT HOURS (via their MGM/UA acquisition) and since Fox is calling the shots, it could happen and I'd love to see Cagney's SHAKE HANDS WITH THE DEVIL released also. Fox owns THE IRON CURTAIN and I proposed it as a possible film noir (hey, you've got Tierney and Andrews!) The great thing about Fox is their constant ability to surprise with their never-on-home video selections. THE IRON CURTAIN is a fascinating and controversial relic of the Cold War that mandates a political commentary that would place the film in context.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks