What's new

Borat DVD fakeout (1 Viewer)

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
Hi,

Anyone else see the actual R1 release?
The writing is almost all in non-English, and the disc is made to look like a DVD-R.

Marketing comedy in character!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
chris is this just on a slip cover?

the copy i watched last week only had english on the art, back and front.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
It's only in English on the slip cover. So I had to retrieve from trash.

What's also funny, is insert has more lines promoting other Fox titles, "Also legal in Kazakhstan", and on flip side, "Also available from US & A".

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
don't you have a rental store?
maybe only rental copies are all english.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
The slip cover is English, the case is non-English. Standard retail version.

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
Just got my copy via Netflix - the DVD "label" is a spoof of Memorex DVD-R media. It says "Demorez" along the top, then smaller, below: "Is Life? No. Demorez"

At the bottom, Sharpie-type hand written, "Borat".

Hilarious - can't wait to see it!

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor

And what the 5 deleted scenes are. Curious to see if they are the same as what was on the Borat bonus disc that came out with a few re-releases last year.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Ha ha- wonder if anyone will rent this, copy it onto a Memorex disc and return the copy? Funny some people have already mistaken it for a copy! It's almost too bad this isn't coming out on VHS. I've heard it is coming on Blu-Ray though, and you can already get blanks for that though I've never seen anything that will write on them.

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
I think I may have found them but can someone point me to where the 5 deleted scenes are? Man these menus are confusing! Loved the movie though!

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor
I think there's about 9-10 deleted scenes and they're under "Surplus Material" methinks. Under "Footages remove from moviefilm by decree Kazakh Ministry of Censorship"

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor

I found them. There looks to be only one deleted scene that was not there that was on the Borat bonus disc that was packaged with some re-releases of other movies. I didn't see a deleted scene that was called "jail" that was on said disc.

Neal K

Agent
My copy rented from BBuster, has the "Demorez" fake DVDR label (I did quite a double-take upon opening the box!), but the actual printing of "DVDR" is not there.......must be a special rental version out there as well. I think the joke would have been even funnier if they had made the playing surface look like a typical blue or greenish dvdr blank!

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor

Yes it would have. Or when you put the disc in the player it would come up "error" or "cannot be played". But then again the stores would be flooded with returns on perfectly normal copies. I noticed that the disc (store purchased) was heavier than a standard disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks