What's new

What would you do in a post-apocalyptic wasteland? (1 Viewer)

RobLe

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I've spent a considerable amount of time today thinking about how much fun could be had living in a post-apocalyptic world. I for one (I, of course, would have predicted this coming and thusly prepared accordingly) would wander around aimlessly, eventually claiming a sizable piece of land as my own. I would recruit a group of people to do my bidding my offering them essential items that only I possess. Or I could just pull a Kevin Costner and walk around performing Shakespeare and eventually delivering mail.

What would you do in a post-apocalyptic wasteland?

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Become very heavily armed and seek to create a local government with elected officials. Hands off my garden.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Are we talking zombies? Or are we talking radioactive fallout from nuclear weapons? Or, even worse, we could be talking radioactive zombies. Either way, I'd get me a shotgun with lots of ammo.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I'd gather essentials, food, etc. Then try to find a working vehicle and search all over for living family members. Perhaps we might set up a colony somewhere that would grow as other survivors found us. That would be essental for survival.

Now, if all my family is gone I'll probably find a dog and we'd travel around looking for buried canned food and females for me to have sex with. (see: A Boy & his Dog) ;)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Fun? Much of what you describe is the reality in many parts of the world right now. You're only a plane ride away from the fun you seek.

--
H

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I think there is a big difference between third world and post-apocalypse.

So, assuming the bombs had fallen ala Jericho, or whatever... hmm. I would make my way to our old farm home, in the middle of nowhere Kansas, which I would assume would be fairly distant from the radioactive fallout.

Since that home still has Natural Gas Heat and Wood-Pump Furnace in the basement, I could help heat it in what may be incredibly cool winters. I would have pretty good access to weaponry, so I'd be OK there, and wildlife is fairly plentiful.

I'd need to get together as much weaponry as possible, and of course, I'd need to marry at least 8 or 10 times in order to start having genetic progeny that could repopulate the world, figuring part of them wouldn't survive.

Since I'd have access to a HAM radio and a diesel generator, I'd have to prepare a conversion pit to start converting biowaste into biodiesel. I could start providing power to things right away.

And a bunch of other crazy things ;)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
With the super powers I gained from the radiation, I would fly expediently around the world, turning back time to before the event. I would then stop the catastrophe before it happened.

Sorry to ruin your plans.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Kansas has to many air bases and old silos not to be someones ground zero Chris. Just because its flat and boring doesnt mean it cant be nuked.
If i were one of the unlucky few not to be vaporized id have to go find some leather clothing. As we all know the cool guys in the wasteland wear leather. I guess id also need a nitro fuel injected black car, so i can cream those stupid punks on their black motorcycles that think its smart to play chicken with a car!
I hope we get that Road Warror SE soon. :)

Chris

Senior HTF Member

Oh, I figure parts of Kansas could be nuked.. but I think at this point in time it'd be a secondary target. But the one target worth having, near Leavenworth, is several hours away ;) Besides, this is living in a fictitious world, so I can supposed the apocalypse happens however I want :) It's my apocalypse to plan, after all!

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
After reading Cormac McCarthy's "The Road" I think I would just curl up and die quietly before things got too bad. That is one grim book.

Colton

Supporting Actor
"Borrow" a ocean cruiser and stay away from land for a long time ... or move to an oil rig and do quick ventures to land to grab supplies every month.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Hmm. But maybe not Sealand, I hear there are pirates there already. (inside joke)

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter

Just did that last week - looks like it worked ! Did ya miss me ?

PS - the only food source still available after exposure to high-levels of radiation are Velveeta and hot dogs.... I suggest we all stock up in case this time-travel trick fails next time.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
I'd put on my blue coveralls with the big yellow "13" on the back, and run around attempting to restore civilization and/or find something to purify drinking water.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread