• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 of 43 Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted March 02 2007 - 06:24 AM

Just picked up my copy of Magnum PI Season 6 and there's a coupon for $3 off the purchase of Magnum PI Season Season 6 and it has a coupon good off the purchase for Season 7. The coupon expires on 1/1/2008. So, this means that Season 7 will be coming out during the latter part of this year, between June and December. This is great news, ain't it?

#2 of 43 JeffO

JeffO

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted March 02 2007 - 07:00 AM

Mark, I share your joy. I'm going after to pick season six after work (don't forget your coupon from the season five set!) and I'm going to watch a couple of episodes tonight.

With the coupon set to expire on January 1, 2008, I can't imagine season seven coming out any later than October 1. If we are lucky, it will be out around Labor Day. My big hope is that they don't go cheap and nix purchasing the music rights. I remember the Sinatra episode mixing in some pop songs well.
TV DVDs wanted: TJ Hooker (seasons 3-5), The Fall Guy (Seasons 2-5), Scarecrow and Mrs. King, Father Dowling Mysteries, Queen of Swords, Smurfs, and Charlemagne (1994 TV miniseries)

#3 of 43 Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted March 02 2007 - 04:46 PM

Don't need the coupon since Best Buy has it for $34.95 ... ehehe ... and I've already got my copy ...

#4 of 43 Firebee

Firebee

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted March 03 2007 - 02:04 PM

Yeah, I was happy to see that bit of reassurance when I opened the Magnum Season 6 set that Season 7 should come later this year. Only one more season after that, and yet another '80s series collected and complete! Also, so much happier with the packaging by Uni...I know some people don't really care for the overlapping discs, but it's much better than the darned double-sided quality defect nightmares from earlier Magnum sets, the A-Team and others! Posted Image

I also have not enough time to watch all of these DVDS:

http://www.invelos.c....aspx/fire26bee

#5 of 43 JeffO

JeffO

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted March 05 2007 - 09:38 AM

I reviewed the running times of all the season 6 episodes, and they ranged from 47:20 or so to 48:10, which is good news, as there are no cut episodes. I suspect a few of the episodes might have abbreviated closing credits, but that is just a guess. They might have just tried to sneak in a another commercial or a sneak peek at the next episode.

I don't have a high end TV system, but after viewing the first couple episodes, the color and sound were pretty good. The second half of the season opening 96 minute movie is quite powerful, especially the last 5 minutes.
TV DVDs wanted: TJ Hooker (seasons 3-5), The Fall Guy (Seasons 2-5), Scarecrow and Mrs. King, Father Dowling Mysteries, Queen of Swords, Smurfs, and Charlemagne (1994 TV miniseries)

#6 of 43 Firebee

Firebee

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted March 07 2007 - 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffO
I reviewed the running times of all the season 6 episodes, and they ranged from 47:20 or so to 48:10, which is good news, as there are no cut episodes. I suspect a few of the episodes might have abbreviated closing credits, but that is just a guess. They might have just tried to sneak in a another commercial or a sneak peek at the next episode.

I don't have a high end TV system, but after viewing the first couple episodes, the color and sound were pretty good. The second half of the season opening 96 minute movie is quite powerful, especially the last 5 minutes.

Good to hear...I've not watched a Magnum episode since watching the first two shows from Season 1! I gotta get caught up...

I also have not enough time to watch all of these DVDS:

http://www.invelos.c....aspx/fire26bee

#7 of 43 JeffO

JeffO

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted July 18 2007 - 02:44 AM

Great news - Magnum PI Season 7 has officially been announced for October 30, 2007 on the Universal DVD site!

Hopefully they cough up the money for the two Genesis songs. I don't remember any music from watching the original in the 80s except for the great use of two Season 7 Genesis songs.

#8 of 43 RogerH

RogerH

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted July 18 2007 - 03:29 AM

Finally.
I can't wait for this Posted Image Hopefully we'll get the Murder She Wrote ep that Magnum appears in as a bonus Posted Image

#9 of 43 Dan*T

Dan*T

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted July 18 2007 - 03:50 AM

Looking forward to this. Hopefully they can finish the series this year!
But seriously..where's Simon & Simon???
Dan T.

#10 of 43 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted July 18 2007 - 05:10 AM

I stopped buying at season 3, until I get around to replacing a bad disc. Has the show continued to be completely intact musically? No dreaded "some music may have been changed" box on any of the seasons?

#11 of 43 JeffO

JeffO

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted July 18 2007 - 05:49 AM

Greg, the episodes are uncut with original music so far. In the last two sets at least, they have gone to single sided dvds instead of the double sides ones of earlier seasons. This seems to have reduced the number of bad discs.

#12 of 43 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted July 18 2007 - 07:27 AM

Thanks. I was alright with the first two seasons, but I'm glad to hear about the single-sides for the recent ones. I'm about ready to get back into Magnum, so I need to get on the ball and get caught up!

#13 of 43 Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted July 18 2007 - 11:04 AM

Excellent news on Season 7.. I hope we have some simon & simon news in the next few days otherwise i think we might not get anymore.

#14 of 43 Jeff*H

Jeff*H

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted July 18 2007 - 04:41 PM

Magnum P.I. Season 7 is one of the series' very best. In addition to a darker turn compared to many of the more lighter episodes of the early seasons, this season also featured an impressive array of guest stars including Frank Sinatra, as well as one helluva season finale. This was the season that first got me hooked on the show on CBS, and I've spent the last few years catching up with the first 6 seasons and enjoying most every minute of it.

Can't wait for Season 8 to get here to wrap up this classic show.
Facebook members, be sure to visit my Hawaii Five-0 Celebration page:  http://www.facebook....113331868678710

#15 of 43 JeffO

JeffO

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted July 19 2007 - 12:56 AM

Jeff H, I completely agree with you. Season 7 was Magnum's best season. There are at least five episodes that have to be considered in Magnum's top 20 overall episodes, including the comedic episode where Magnum and Higgins have their war and destroy each other's favorite possessions, the episode where Magnum faces his obsessed stalker, the Sinatra episode, his potential death episode, and another one with his wife Michelle.

#16 of 43 Garysb

Garysb

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted July 19 2007 - 01:11 AM

Since this is the season with the crossover with Murder She Wrote, I wonder if they will include the Murder She Wrote episode or the syndicated version which wrapped the story up without the crossover.

#17 of 43 Christian Preischl

Christian Preischl

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted July 19 2007 - 06:01 AM

Hopefully both. Posted Image I contacted Gord about it when Season 6 was released and he forwarded it to his Universal contacts. So Here's hoping.

#18 of 43 Jordan_E

Jordan_E

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,233 posts

Posted July 19 2007 - 06:38 AM

I wished season 7 would have been it, because I still vividly remember that final episode and it was SO perfect, the way they ended it before the jump in ratings that caused the next season. Magnum walking off into the clouds seemed so fitting.
And you believe, at heart, everyone's a killer...

#19 of 43 Jonny P

Jonny P

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted July 20 2007 - 03:08 AM

Season 8 was notable for (if nothing else) the ep entitled "Legend of the Lost Art"...

After watching it, I thought was a good Indiana Jones Selleck would have made.

#20 of 43 Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,446 posts

Posted July 21 2007 - 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garysb
Since this is the season with the crossover with Murder She Wrote, I wonder if they will include the Murder She Wrote episode or the syndicated version which wrapped the story up without the crossover.

They'll include the MSW episode on this set, and my contact is pretty sure their "ops people" got the right episodes, but he's going to double-check.

Gord
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow