Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

my 360 has crapped out!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 Keith_R

Keith_R

Screenwriter

• 1,179 posts

Posted March 01 2007 - 08:24 AM

Hey all, today I went to go play a bit with my 360 and much to my dismay discovered that it has crapped out and is giving me the three red lights of death.

My console was officially a year old on 2/10 and therefore is out of warranty. I've spoken with MS and they have informed me that it will cost me $139.90 + shipping to send it in for repair, even then it is probably more likely that I will end up with a refurb rather than my unit.

I obviously need to do something about it, as I love my X360 but I'm not sure that the repair shop is the best route. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? Perhaps a fix that support may not have told me about? My only thought was that I might be able to trade it in with some games and use the credit towards a new one which may be improved over the launch models but I don't know.

As a side note, I also own a Wii and a PS3. My Wii just went into the shop the other day for a busted video card and now my 360. I feel as though I may be cursed.
-Keith-