Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

my 360 has crapped out!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Keith_R

Keith_R

Screenwriter

• 1,179 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted March 01 2007 - 08:24 AM

Hey all, today I went to go play a bit with my 360 and much to my dismay discovered that it has crapped out and is giving me the three red lights of death. My console was officially a year old on 2/10 and therefore is out of warranty. I've spoken with MS and they have informed me that it will cost me $139.90 + shipping to send it in for repair, even then it is probably more likely that I will end up with a refurb rather than my unit. I obviously need to do something about it, as I love my X360 but I'm not sure that the repair shop is the best route. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? Perhaps a fix that support may not have told me about? My only thought was that I might be able to trade it in with some games and use the credit towards a new one which may be improved over the launch models but I don't know. As a side note, I also own a Wii and a PS3. My Wii just went into the shop the other day for a busted video card and now my 360. I feel as though I may be cursed.
-Keith-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users