What's new

Miller & Kreisel Has Officially Closed, Feb. 22, 2007 (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Wow, I guess industry business wasn't enough. A lot of mixing/mastering studios used M&K, but they never caught on in the home audio/theater front because of their pricing.

Too bad, M&K was on my short list of stuff to try in the future when I was ready to upgrade my HT.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
This is sad. I wanted those legendary THX 150 series speakers. Guess they'll be around on ebay etc....:frowning: Bummer indeed.

One of the legends of speakers is gone. :frowning:

Marque D

Stunt Coordinator
very sad news, I have the 750's but I always wanted to upgrade to the 150's. I also needed some surround brackets to hang my rears in a new spot, but the website and dealer said they didn't have anymore.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Very sad news indeed, M&K were the innovators of the subwoofer design, all others followed. I truly hope they will somehow be able to regroup .

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
There are no cited reasons at the moment. I emailed Ken Kreisel and have yet to receive a reply. That probably is not a good sign.:frowning:

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
:frowning:

If you're using a sub or sat/sub system, you can thank this company for a good chunk of their initial development.

glass car

Auditioning
Real Name
Richard Williams
I'm sorry to hear that. I have had a S-150 system using 2 of their 150 subs for 4 years. I love the system, and the speaker size makes them unobtrusive when mounted high on the wall. I was planning on buying 2 more S-150 surrounds and go to 7.1. I guess I should start checking dealer stock tomorrow. I hope I haven't already waited too long.

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
Well, this sucks! I've been enjoying my S150 THX system (paired with a MX350 sub) and it feels weird to know that if one (or more) of my speakers becomes damaged I likely won't be able to get it repaired (assuming that the closure of the organization implies that product can no longer be serviced either). Too bad.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
I guess if you think you're going to need a replacement woofer (or tweeter, etc) better check into ordering it real soon before they run out of stock.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Well, if it's litigation against Chinese companies, then good luck. I don't know if the clones that were being sold were priced the same or signficantly less. If the latter, you have to ask yourself were the pricing the same, would the buyers still have bought M&K or gone somewhere else. If the latter, then while selling counterfeit is not very nice, it suggests that the closure may've been due to other reasons.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Thanks Lance.

From that article:

"Do you want to hear about any counterfeit M&K components our readers may have encountered?"

"Absolutely! If anybody suspects they have purchased counterfeit M&K products, they should email me at [email protected]."

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Just one more reason why I try to not buy anything made in China. Sometimes there isn't a lot of choice, but when there is, that's my personal choice.

Laverda

Auditioning
Real Name
Ed
Wow, this is sad. I still have the M&Ks I purchased for my stereo system back in...hmm, must have been around 1985 or so. Paid a kings ransom for them but they were mind blowing. They still are in fact. About the best sound I've ever heard from such a small package.

glass car

Auditioning
Real Name
Richard Williams
I just bought the last set of SS-150 Tripoles I could find. Now I can finally go to 7.1.
Don't know what I'll do of any of my M&K S-150's ever give up. Hopefully by then the company will be back making the same outstanding speakers!

Thomas_A

Second Unit
Talking too my local dealer about the M&K closing- some specualtion was though they were great speakers- Providing them too customers was an issue. Lot of folks dont like too wait 3-4 months for thier speakers. In one case- he told me a guy had too wait 9months.

Another key mentioned item- is that M&K is supposidly to have an Authorized service place to remain in effect for those who Own M&K's.

Just thought I'd Share what I've heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks