What's new

Using rear two channels for second zone (1 Viewer)

MarkWC

Stunt Coordinator
I want to use the two rear channels for a second zone as I only run 5 channels in my living room. However, I would like to have four speakers running off these two channels for different parts of the house. Additionally I would like to have at least one but preferably two independent volume controls; one at each location.

Is this doable??

MarkWC

Stunt Coordinator
I know this is the speaker area but didn't want to make a move that could overload or damage the speakers I have.............anyone?

Joe_Papeo

Stunt Coordinator
i think that as long as you put a speaker selector with impedance matching you should be ok.

or you run the wire to one location that had an impedance matching volume control that allows you to select how many speakers you have running. that one VC would control all 4 speakers in the "zone".

someone else would need to confirm though.

Bud Millis

Auditioning
I'm doing the same thing. My receiver has an a/b switch in which the b speakers run to a 8 Speaker Pairs Distribution Block/speaker hub, available at Cruthfields, from there they run to 3 different rooms with each room having 2 inwall speakers controlled by a speaker switch with adjustable impedance magnification in each room.

Bud

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks