What's new

Terminator 2 HD DVD now available for preorder! (1 Viewer)

Pete T C

Second Unit
http://xploitedcinema.com/catalog/te...r-p-11233.html

Word is from those who have seen preview clips is that it is signficantly better than the USA Blu-Ray MPEG2 release of T2. Price is $34 shipped, it is a French HD DVD that plays back perfectly in USA HD DVD players since there is no HD DVD region coding on titles or players at this point; subtitles are optional and it only needs to be set the first time you play it that you want english audio with no subtitles.

Terminator 2 HD DVD is encoded in 1080p24 VC-1 with DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio (Lossless). Can't wait! :D

P.S. - xploitedcinema.com is a very reliable site that many have praised in the past for getting imports from!

John H Ross

Screenwriter

Indeed. I expect that almost every single one of the blockbuster HD discs released "bare bones" thus far will be re-issued over the next few years with all of the old DVD features, and possibly more. I'll wait for those.

Pete T C

Second Unit

True, though in this case I almost feel motivated to buy it just to encourage studio neutrality over here in the US.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
I pre-ordered it (almost a month ago) at the French Amazon. You should check what's least expensive if you consider this release. (For me it was: getting it from France, obviously.)

Beware to take the price of the Euro properly into account. Also note that you don't have to pay VAT when living in the US!
(I believe, but I'm not sure how it works, that the VAT will be subtracted, on Amazon's site, when you're about to order and ship to an address on the US continent. It's also possible that you never see the price with VAT included, based on your IP-address. I cannot test this in an easy manner.)

Cees

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I can see I am going to end up getting some HD-DVD titles from overseas since we can not get some of those here. And with DTS-HD Master Audio being offered. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Also now on available for preoreder from xploitedcinema.com

French Releases:
  • Arizona Dream
  • Brotherhood of the Wolf
  • Mulholland Drive
  • Serpico
  • The Graduate

KurtEP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kurt
I can't wait for T2. I used to use Xploited a lot when I still had a multi region player (it died :frowning: :frowning: ). I can't say enough good about the service I received from them.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I would appreciate someone with a well calibrated (preferably) ISF'd 1080p display to objectively compare the Blu-ray (with a non-Samsung player) and HD DVD release. While the BD version is definitely better than the "Extreme" SD DVD, I still found it a bit disappointing in terms of image quality. I'd like to know if this is source related, and/or more of an issue with mastering.

Andy_MT

Second Unit

you had a far more positive experience than i did.

this didn't look HD to me at all.

suspect lionsgate are holding out. this is one of "those" titles that gets re-released multiple times - likely they won't give us something worthwhile until at least the 3rd or 4th release.

the HD-DVD release sounds more promising ...

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully, the HD DVD won't have audio pitch issues like some of the imports..such as Total Recall.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
I have the DTheater tape and a DVD of this title. I am passing regardless of what happens unless my tape magically becomes worth more than the HD DVD. I agree, expect another version on Blu-ray. One thing I hope doesn't happen since I actually like all three films in this series, I hope they don't try a fourth time. Keep on releasing the previous films, but end it here is my hope. Even in this series, the sequel to the sequel is inferior to the sequel and the sequel is inferior to the original. I am hoping they send a T-101 back to destroy the footage before release if one is ever filmed.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks