What's new

Cosby Show (1 Viewer)

netgear

Auditioning
Real Name
Thomas
Hi

I'm waiting for a long time now, as many others, for the 3rd Season of the Cosby Show.
Does anybody know when it's most likely been released.

Thanks.

Tony S

Stunt Coordinator
I read somewhere, I think it was Sitcomsonline, that seasons 3 & 4 would be out in June.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
season 3 and 4 are coming out in June, kinda nice to get two sets after the long wait

Pavan_P

Second Unit
Ollie: I think that is The Bill Cosby Show S2. Anyway, Cosby Show S3 AND S4 are out June 5.

Josh LM

Stunt Coordinator

Actually on that website it does say that the Cosby Show Season 3 will be out June 12.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I still hope they redo season 1 though. To be honest, I'd rather it be season 1 corrected and season 3 on the same day.

But still...wow, $24.98 list price for each? Wow, the first two cost more than that even after the store discounts.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
yea, $24.99 list is fantastic. I'd love a restored s1, but I'm not holding my breath, we might see one after the show is completed, but probably not before. Season 3 is a must, I'm debating if I want 4 or not because IMO season 4 was the beginning of the show's decline, although 4-6 were much better than the horrific last two seasons that you couldn't pay me to own

Josh LM

Stunt Coordinator
I'm also excited about the low price. I can buy both seasons for less than I paid for season 1.

Ollie

Stunt Coordinator

It gets even better than that. www.deepdiscount.com has both sets (S3 & S4) listed for $15.11 each! That's got to be the lowest new release price I"ve seen on a set in the two years I've been collecting.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
TVShowsOnDVD has the cover art...and while I'm glad to be getting more of the show (presumably uncut) this has got to be the laziest cover art of any TV DVD release I've ever seen.

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
I think another studio took over the rights for the release of the dvds?
Do I remember correctly?
Maybe thats the reason for the different coverarts compared to S1 & S2

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
They should have stuck with the same layout style of the previous sets. These new ones are just AWFUL. I could do better on my computer. Where are the rich colors ? The detailed artwork ? The KIDS ? Phylicia looks stunning as always on the 3rd Season box but Bill looks like a moron. Bad choice of pic on that one. And WHY is Bill the only one featured at all on the 4th box ? Insulting to the rest of the great cast.

Saying that the show is "still the greatest" (and putting it on the freaking box cover) is debatable, at best. The 3rd season went over like a lead balloon thanks mostly to lazy, lousy writing and also the fabulous Ms. Rashad's infrequent appearances due to her real-life pregnancy. Having Rudy repeatedly refer to Kenny as "Bud" was not a substitute for proper comedy and got old REALLY fast. Thank goodness the show did rebound and had some excellent episodes in later seasons.

I think the best episode of these 2 seasons would have to be Call Of The Wild ("I want my money . . . now!"). The other episodes pale in comparison. This era of the show isn't exactly a buyer's market, I'm afraid.

mraw

Auditioning
Real Name
Alan

Deepdiscount.com has the 3rd and 4th seasons on pre-order for $15.24 each! Season 2 is the same price, and Season 1 is $12.19!

I was one of those who grew sick of seeing The Cosby Show on Nick at Nite, but I stopped watching it for months and revisited it with the Huxtapalooza marathon, and I realize how much I like it and that I just needed a break from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks