-

Photo
- - - - -

Question about LCD HDTV

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 msduncan

msduncan

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted February 21 2007 - 02:52 AM

Forgive me in advance if I didn't choose the right forum for this question -- it's my first post and first visit here.

I currently have a 4 year old Toshiba 57 inch Cinemawide projection HDTV. I've been drooling over a Sharp 53 inch LCD flat panel, and have clearance from the wife to buy it if I so choose.

The question I guess is that am I going to see an improvement in picture quality from the Toshiba which is HDTV, to the newer Sharp flat panel LCD? I know the Sharp has 1080p which would be an improvement during games and HDDVD and Blue Ray movies, but overall would I see an improvement in quality since it's been several HD generations since I bought that Toshiba?

Thanks guys! Be gentle! It's my first post! Posted Image

#2 of 4 bassman99floyd

bassman99floyd

Stunt Coordinator

• 95 posts

Posted February 21 2007 - 03:11 AM

If the Sharp you're considering is the Aquos, I bought last month, the 52" and it is a very impressive TV. I had a rear projection 55" Phillips that I had to upgrade, since it didn't have HDMI connections, and I ran out of inputs after buying PS3.

The most impressive feature of the Aquos, is how bright and clear an image it creates. If the shot shows a street light, that street light in the picture, almost illuminates the floor. The colors a very realistic and vibrant. FOX did an amazing job broadcasting HD Football.

Remember, currently no one is broadcasting in 1080P, but you are buying a TV for today, and the future, so go for it.

I heard Sony is working on producing a TV, by the end of 2007 is 1900P, to better show off Blu-Ray.
The Man

#3 of 4 msduncan

msduncan

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted February 21 2007 - 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassman99floyd
If the Sharp you're considering is the Aquos, I bought last month, the 52" and it is a very impressive TV. I had a rear projection 55" Phillips that I had to upgrade, since it didn't have HDMI connections, and I ran out of inputs after buying PS3.

The most impressive feature of the Aquos, is how bright and clear an image it creates. If the shot shows a street light, that street light in the picture, almost illuminates the floor. The colors a very realistic and vibrant. FOX did an amazing job broadcasting HD Football.

Remember, currently no one is broadcasting in 1080P, but you are buying a TV for today, and the future, so go for it.

I heard Sony is working on producing a TV, by the end of 2007 is 1900P, to better show off Blu-Ray.

I guess I should have mentioned, I do own a PS3, so I do have immediate access to Blu Ray. I just wondered if side by side the Sharp newer generation HDTV would be better at the same resolutions to my 4 year old Toshiba rear projection HDTV.

Edit -- And yes it's the Aquos Posted Image

#4 of 4 msduncan

msduncan

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted February 22 2007 - 03:37 AM

What is the process Sharp uses for their warranty service?

I ordered the TV from an online shop and they offered me a warranty -- I just wondered if I should call them back and purchase it rather than going with the manufacturer warranty.

Is the manufacturer warranty on these TV's a hassel to deal with just in case something is wrong with the set?