-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Anybody order from Amazon.uk recently... having trouble

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Dave Mack

Dave Mack

Producer

• 4,665 posts

Posted February 20 2007 - 09:25 PM

Hey y'all,

Every few months I order some DVDs from Amazon.uk as I am region free but tonite I had a wee problem. They have always taken off the VAT (17.5% tax) that is included in their selling price as it is not applicable when placing an order from the USA but tonite I tried twice with 2 different DVDs both in stock (so no from a seller) and the VAT charge did not come off. This was a first for me. I have never had a problem before. I emailed them so we will see what's up but was just curious if anyone else has noticed this lately.

thanks! d

#2 of 3 EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,459 posts

Posted February 21 2007 - 12:57 AM

Dave:

This was mentioned in another thread here somewhere. I did an order about two weeks ago (right around the time the problem got posted here), but I did NOT get charged VAT on my order. Not sure exactly what the problem is, but it appears to be hit-or-miss.

EDIT: Here's the thread: http://www.hometheat....d.php?t=251634
(if that link isn't inserted correctly, it's in the "Regional DVD" section.

#3 of 3 Dave Mack

Dave Mack

Producer

• 4,665 posts

Posted February 21 2007 - 07:44 AM

Thanks, Eric.
To their credit they answered my email query within a few hours. They admitted that it's a mistake and that they are working on a fix and to just order anyways and then email for a refund on the difference. Do-able but a bit annoying.

Posted Image