What's new

Anybody order from Amazon.uk recently... having trouble (1 Viewer)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Hey y'all,

Every few months I order some DVDs from Amazon.uk as I am region free but tonite I had a wee problem. They have always taken off the VAT (17.5% tax) that is included in their selling price as it is not applicable when placing an order from the USA but tonite I tried twice with 2 different DVDs both in stock (so no from a seller) and the VAT charge did not come off. This was a first for me. I have never had a problem before. I emailed them so we will see what's up but was just curious if anyone else has noticed this lately.

thanks! d

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Dave:

This was mentioned in another thread here somewhere. I did an order about two weeks ago (right around the time the problem got posted here), but I did NOT get charged VAT on my order. Not sure exactly what the problem is, but it appears to be hit-or-miss.

EDIT: Here's the thread: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...d.php?t=251634
(if that link isn't inserted correctly, it's in the "Regional DVD" section.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Eric.
To their credit they answered my email query within a few hours. They admitted that it's a mistake and that they are working on a fix and to just order anyways and then email for a refund on the difference. Do-able but a bit annoying.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread