Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Anybody order from Amazon.uk recently... having trouble

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Dave Mack

Dave Mack

• 4,670 posts

Posted February 20 2007 - 09:25 PM

Hey y'all, Every few months I order some DVDs from Amazon.uk as I am region free but tonite I had a wee problem. They have always taken off the VAT (17.5% tax) that is included in their selling price as it is not applicable when placing an order from the USA but tonite I tried twice with 2 different DVDs both in stock (so no from a seller) and the VAT charge did not come off. This was a first for me. I have never had a problem before. I emailed them so we will see what's up but was just curious if anyone else has noticed this lately. thanks! d

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   EricSchulz

• 4,584 posts

Posted February 21 2007 - 12:57 AM

This was mentioned in another thread here somewhere. I did an order about two weeks ago (right around the time the problem got posted here), but I did NOT get charged VAT on my order. Not sure exactly what the problem is, but it appears to be hit-or-miss.

EDIT: Here's the thread: http://www.hometheat....d.php?t=251634
(if that link isn't inserted correctly, it's in the "Regional DVD" section.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Dave Mack

Dave Mack

• 4,670 posts

Posted February 21 2007 - 07:44 AM

Thanks, Eric.
To their credit they answered my email query within a few hours. They admitted that it's a mistake and that they are working on a fix and to just order anyways and then email for a refund on the difference. Do-able but a bit annoying.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users