What's new

Cars BD (1 Viewer)

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Should be getting an announcement soon. In the meantime...

some info here

Bring it on. :emoji_thumbsup: I assume they'll put all the Wal-Mart and Target bonus stuff on there, hopefully some of it was shot hi def.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Yes, the date has been known for a while. I was referring to some more details regarding the release. I think the Pirates info broke 2 weeks ago so perhaps today.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Looks like Cars is getting the 2-BD treatment as well. :emoji_thumbsup:

From the digital bits;

I guess he must have missed the Pirates news earlier.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Wow, that means that Cars will basically have a disk for itself (bd50) probably with commentaries and light extras. The film was not that long so high bitrate video with pcm at 48/24. Look forward to it.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
I thought Cars looked at sounded excellent in SD so I won't be double dipping this one. I might netflix it so to see the Java features though.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Looking forward to this. :emoji_thumbsup:

Plus I can't wait until the other Pixar films get the Blu-Ray treatment especially The Incredibles. :D

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member
Since it's a Skywalker Dolby Digital EX mix, I hope we get 7.1 PCM track (6.1 with the rears duplicated like "Crank" or "The Descent").

The "Pirates" films are also EX, hopefully their BDs will reflect that as well.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I can't wait for Monster's Inc. It's probably my favorite Pixar film followed by The Incredibles. Hopefully those get the same treatment that Cars (Their weakest feature IMO) is getting.

MarekM

Supporting Actor

you know PETER !! :) I AM WITH YOU ON THIS !! hopefully for PURE 7.1 PCM track :)

Marek

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Well, looks like Nov. 6 could be the date.

Sounds like some interesting features and lots of hi def goodness.

Story over at hollywood in hi def.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
All I know is the preview (snippets) of it that I have seen on various BR disks looks stunningly 3-d.

Story also to be found at HiDefDigest here

Rob Young

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob
Yep, should be a great showcase disc. Shame it isn't until Nov (apparently) but meh.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Can´t wait for this. I actually haven´t even seen the film, since I wanted to experience it first time via HD. Little more waiting, though. Like I said, no mainstream SD DVDs for me, thank you very much. ;)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Absolutely outstanding news. This is the first title in a while that I a truly excited to get. Thanks for the heads up, Brett and Neil.:)

This movie...or more accurately this studio (Pixar) might be what pushes me into dual format ownership. It will take more than one title from their catalog to push me over the edge though. By the time a few more releases are available, maybe I can convince myself to part with the money for a BD player (and no longer have just one horse in the race).

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
This should look AMAZING in 1080P AVC. After the excellent job Disney did with the Pirate movies, I can't wait! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks