What's new

The IMDB has a new look... (1 Viewer)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
..and I don't like it.
I spend almost as much time at the IMDB as I do here, so I was used to how it looked.
Don't know what inspired the facelift but it looks cheap to me and I think the type is now smaller.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
The tiny type stinks. I've had 20/20 vision my entire life, and now that I'm in my 40s I suddenly and unexpectedly can't read small type well. If it can happen to me it can happen to anyone. I recall being similarly alarmed when the HTF experiemnted with a new style not so long ago, but thank God they went back! :)

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
It's jarring since my eyes are used to darting around the old one, but I think it's at least a cosmetic improvement. I don't see any problematic tiny type.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
It means it was not up to the current aesthetic standards of a major website.

--
H

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Am I the only one who thinks it doesn't look that different? Maybe I'm missing something, but the only major thing I notice is that the search bar is in a different place.

cosmo7

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott
I like the new look - seems they've made features I access more accessible. I like the TV guide too.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Brett,
I don't think you could have missed the difference. Several of us were unhappy, Holadem, who is modern and progressive, likes it.
I jumped right on Adam's link to "former.imdb" and even though that remains a great mystery to me (are there TWO IMDBs now?) I'm just going with it.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member

Maybe you only looked at the front page, which hasn't changed much. But if you look at the individual entry for any movie, person, or TV show, you'll notice some differences right away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks