What's new

New Porcupine Tree album discussion (1 Viewer)

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I have only recently discovered PT. This band is insanely good and I can't believe that it took this long for me to notice that - thanks for the tip!!

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
On the last tour, PT played a lot of material from the new album. It is interesting and a bit different. I'm going to be interested to see how Alex Lifeson and Robert Fripp will fit in with the new material, since they both have guest spots on the new album.

Jason

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle

The concert dvd from the "DeadWing" tour? Yes, "Live in Chicago" is out. If you're talking about the dvd that comes with the new album, I guess it will be out when the album is released in April.

On a side note, I wonder if the dvd will be a dvd-audio disc or a dvd-video disc. The band put out two separate dvd discs of "DeadWing", a dvd-audio disc and a music only dvd-video that came with a collectors book about the album.

John_Bonner

Supporting Actor

If you mean the concert DVD "Arriving Somewhere"...yes it is out and it is awesome. Gavin Harrison is quickly becoming one of my favorite drummers.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I really liked the new stuff (saw the show in SF). It is a bit heavier than previous stuff, but still recognizable as them for sure. I can't wait. My understanding was that the album would be like Stupid Dream which included a DVD-A and CD.

I'm not totally impressed with the mix on the Arriving Somewhere... Being mixed from a 2ch track it lacks a bit of overall separation, but it is a great disc none the less. Cymbal Song dts on the bonus DVD is worth the purchase alone :D

Got this from a friend:

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
Looking forward to this! I was blown away by this material when I saw them live over the summer. I can't believe the album's due so soon!

Ryan L. Bisasky

Second Unit
U.S and Canada tour dates for Fear of a Blank Planet tour
May 08 2007 SEATTLE, USA: Showbox
May 09 2007 PORTLAND, USA: Aladdin
May 11 2007 SAN FRANCISCO, USA: Warfield
May 12 2007 LOS ANGELES, USA: Avalon
May 13 2007 ANAHEIM, USA: Grove of Anaheim
May 15 2007 BOULDER, USA: Fox Theatre
May 17 2007 CHICAGO, USA: Park West
May 18 2007 CLEVELAND, USA: House of Blues
May 19 2007 NEW YORK, USA: Nokia Theater
May 22 2007 BALTIMORE, USA: Ram's Head
May 23 2007 PHILADELPHIA, USA: Electric Factory
May 25 2007 BOSTON, USA: Roxy
May 26 2007 MONTREAL, CANADA: Spectrum de Montreal
May 27 2007 QUEBEC, CANADA: Salle Albert - Rousseau
May 28 2007 TORONTO, CANADA: Danforth Music Hall

I'm there may 22 at rams head. Awsome place to see a show.

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
It's too bad they aren't hitting many places in the US. They are hardly hitting anywhere in the midwest. I live 3 hours from Dallas and I had hoped they might play there.

I was *really* hoping that since Alex Lifeson played on the album, that maybe PT might open for Rush on their tour this year. I guess it probably isn't going to happen, but that would be an amazing show.

Manus

Second Unit
" Cd and dvd-audio in the same package. Awesome. "

I fear the initial release will be like Deadwing . Cd and dts 5.1 only ( ???????????) with the Dvd-A following later with maybe some bonus stuff to make up :)

~M~

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
They did have an opening act at the SF show, but couldn't tell you if they did at other shows. The opening act was quite entertaining also, but I can't recall their name; the main guy played/toured with Peter Gabriel and is also formerly of King Crimson. PTs set was fairly long also.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
I checked out the sampler but I really want to just wait and hear the whole record in one shot. I cannot wait to have this in my hands.

I didn't get to see them on the last tour, but I was at night 1 of the DVD shoot, and I actually appear at the very end of the show while they're bowing, so that's kind of cool in a nerdy way I guess. :)

Meanwhile, the new Blackfield is fantastic.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

On the last tour ProjeKCt 5 opened the show, which was Robert Fripp and Adrian Belew playing V-Drums.

Jason

EricB

Agent
I'm looking forward to the new album "Fear Of A Blank Planet" as well.

The tracklist is quite short though. I wish they had at least 8 songs in it.

Eric

PS: Nice shirt John.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks