Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Australian HD DVDs!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Yumbo

Yumbo

Screenwriter

• 2,243 posts

Posted February 15 2007 - 09:42 AM

Hi,

Just got the first 4, all Warner.

1. THICK normal DVD size, thus looking like stunted cases, lol. Silver raised embossed logo at top. Actually, it's the new AMARAY HD DVD case.

2. Large ratings stickers front, spine and back (normal DVDs leave out the back). Kiss Kiss has a local cover error, stating German instead of Spanish on language and subtitles.

3. The discs are the US pressings!

4. So no repressings on the bobbed titles. Just cheaper for Warner.

5. The discs are STILL combos, but not advertised as such, and since they are R1, cannot be combo priced.

Looking forward to seeing what Universal holds by way of Tokyo Drift, priced higher than Warner.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   john a hunter

john a hunter

Supporting Actor

• 647 posts

Posted February 19 2007 - 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumbo
Hi,

Just got the first 4, all Warner.

1. THICK normal DVD size, thus looking like stunted cases, lol. Silver raised embossed logo at top. Actually, it's the new AMARAY HD DVD case.

2. Large ratings stickers front, spine and back (normal DVDs leave out the back). Kiss Kiss has a local cover error, stating German instead of Spanish on language and subtitles.

3. The discs are the US pressings!

4. So no repressings on the bobbed titles. Just cheaper for Warner.

5. The discs are STILL combos, but not advertised as such, and since they are R1, cannot be combo priced.

Looking forward to seeing what Universal holds by way of Tokyo Drift, priced higher than Warner.
What price were they? I know most of the BD I've seen are betweenAUD$40-50.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Yumbo

Yumbo

Screenwriter

• 2,243 posts

Posted February 19 2007 - 05:30 PM

A$30-$35. I pay discounted which comes down to A$21-$24.

The Universal titles are A$45, discounted to A$32.

A$1=US$0.80