What's new

Wii Play... More fun!!! (1 Viewer)

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
Picked up the new Wii Play Remote package today, with the new included game Wii Play... Lot's of fun.... IGN didn't seem to like it, but I think they have it totally wrong...Yes he games are mini, but there are sooo much fun.... The pool game is fantastic... They call it 9 Ball, but I dont think it plays out that way, I hit my lead ball into the 9 into pocket and didn't actually win the game, but never the less, 2 Thumbs up to nintendo...

Any one else pick this up today??

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
This is sold out everywhere here in Vegas..cant find it :frowning:

But my friend at Gamestop says(with their new policy) if noone picks up their games(pre-order) in 2 days, I can get it. So I still might have a shot!

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor
I pre-ordered at newegg, they still have not shipped it and are giving me the run around, not happy at all as I cannot find it anywhere local now either.

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
My ToysrUs in Freehold, NJ had over 50 of them in stock yesterday. We were in the middle of a nasty Ice Storm, so that could be why.. :)

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
I called all around the city yesterday hoping that the (bad) weather would help. No such luck, every store I tried (admittedly all GameStops/EB Games) were all sold out.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
best buy around here had 3, I bought one. I figured the game is alright, I wasnt a fan of the pool game, but for $10 more than the cost of the remote itself, the game isnt bad at all.

Will have mine in hand tomorrow or Monday. Got it from Ebay for $65 sealed. I'm happy, since this package, and extra remotes are sold out everywhere around here.

An extra $12 is worth it to me.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I'd rather get Wii Play without the extra remote because I alreay have 2 of them and I don't really need another. However, Wii Play does look pretty fun.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Somebody told me that there would be a Pinball game for the Wii released in "mid-February". Does this package include a Pinball table? (I would think the Wii could do a pretty good job with Pinball with the interactive controllers -- for 'nudging' the table).

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
I was looking for another classic remote and the guy at best buy said I should judt get the Wii Play. So I went over and they have about 5 more left. I must say, for $10 bucks, it should is worth it. I like the tank game best. Got to level 14 already!

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor
called around and ebgames had some that the people who pre-ordered never came and picked up. It was past the 48 holding period so I got one. Stupid newegg.

anyway, that game is fun for what it is and it's something I think the kids will have fun with also.

Hated the matching Wii game though, I sucked at that!!

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
I found a 10$ off coupon at Worst Buy, and that was enough to push me over the edge to buying Wii Play. A free game for the price of a controler (which I needed to get in the first place)? Cant beat that deal with a stick!

And - bonus! The games are kind of fun. No, there's not a lot of depth here, but I'm always a sucker for Pong and that Pose Mii is kind of fun. And you cant go wrong with Combat (oh, how much I'd love to see that game remade today). So no - worth 50 bucks? Not really. As a freebie? Fantastic!

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
Picked it up today at CC. As a single player title, "Tanks" is the only thing with any replay value (though I'd be lying if I said I wasn't charmed by the cow racing). As a 2 player "game" Wii Play is decent, but it's certainly no Wii Sports (which I had decided would be worthless even before I had ever played it, couldn't have been more wrong).

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I'm not 100% certain of this, but I was under the impression that the Wii was region free as far as the games go. I forget where I read that information. I could be confused with a different gaming system but Im pretty sure Xbox 360 and PS3 both go by regions as far as the games go.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks